"Scooter!" Her friend Taelor asked. Taelor has been friends with her since 9th grade. She considered a light-bright, thick with a cheerleader's body. She had the personality for it too. Her bubbly mixed with dramatic attitude made her Taelor. Her long hair bounced with her body as she ran up to Scooter. "I miss you this summer"

"I saw you back in July while we were at camp," Scooter said, laughing. Already in her practice outfit, she walked to the mat and stretched her muscles. She looked around to see girls practicing their stunts before practice. Scooter loved this crowd because it was girls that had talent, not girls who did it to be popular.

"Don't pay her no mind; she's being dramatic once again," said Jaymi. Jaymi was Taelor's best friend. Jaymi was the opposite of Taelor, tall, skinny, dark-skinned with short hair. "We did miss you, though," she added nonchalantly.

"I know, guys, I was too busy volunteering at the comp. Downtown," Scooter said. Scooter taught underprivileged girls cheerleading and karate. It was her way of giving back so that Mariposa could get off her back. "Anyways..." she almost said but was cut off by the gym door opening and Grey running in.

"Am I late?" Grey said breathlessly. She abruptly sat down and started stretching.

"No, you're right on time," Jaymi said as the cheerleading coach walked.

*****

"So, how much do you want to bet that I can make Scooter mad," said Justin. He and TJ were sitting on the balcony eating sunflower seeds and waiting for dinner to be made. Mariposa was in the kitchen cooking a special back-to-school dinner for them.

"I'm not getting into your pranks today. I got in trouble the last time," replied 7-year-old TJ. He was small for his age, with the same skin tone as Mariposa but favored Tavin's features. Justin always recruited TJ into one of his pranks played on his sister or Mariposa. It was the one thing that made their relationship close.

"You're not going to get in trouble," Justin assured him. Justin was careful about his pranks, making sure they never tracked back to him and his brother. If it tracked back to his brother, he would be the one to get in trouble along with TJ.

"Yeah, ok. I'm not a part of this, Bubba." He said, looking mad. He got up and walked away. Justin was looking in the woods when his phone rang. It was one of his honeys at school. Already he was starting his game. "J.B. speaking... Heyy Candy... Of course, I haven't forgotten about you... You're at your dad's house? Even better, I will be down there in 10... Bye, baby," he said and hung up the phone. He made it his mission to follow in his older brother's footsteps. Over the summertime, he explored his body by losing his virginity to an older girl in high school. Thank goodness Scooter didn't know her, although she didn't care. His brother always told him there's a time and place for love and lust. At your age, lust was the time. He ran into the house to his room to grab a condom and snuck out before Mariposa could realize he was gone.

*****

Scooter and her father came into the house after their evening out. It was always refreshing to have dinner with her father; it showed her how much he really cared about her. Walking like her body was hit by a train, she put her gym bag by the laundry room so that Mariposa can repack her clothes and placed her keys on the hook labeled Channelle. She walked to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator door to grab her fresh-cut fruit.

"Princess?" Tavin said. He was at the island in their neatly decorated kitchen, checking the mail. Scooter turned to face him. "I heard you got pulled over today," he said. He looked up with a stern look on his face. Scooter bent her head down, guilty.

"Dad, I swear I didn't do anything; Grey can tell you the truth." Scooter explained.

"It's fine, sweetheart; Officer Davis told me he was warning you. I want you to take heave of that warning Channelle," said Tavin.

"Yes, sir," Scooter said, nodding.

"Good," Tavin said. He kissed Scooter on her temple and walked upstairs to his bedroom. Scooter followed behind her father, carrying her satchel and her fruit in her hands. She opened the double doors to her room. Her room was a perfect size for a girl. In the middle of the room sat her bed with a light pink sponge headboard and pink bed set. She had never-ending pillows on top of her bed. At the end of her bed sat a little couch with throw pillows to match the headboard. Her walls were painted pink with the letters Channelle nailed on the wall on her bed. Opposite her bed was a dresser with a TV sitting on top of it. On one side of the wall sat her desk and a painting of Audrey Hepburn over top of it. Between her closet and her bathroom showed a drawing of the Eifel Tower with French words surrounding it. She placed her satchel and her fruit on her desk and walked to her walk-in closet. Her closet was filled with her fashion as well as Mariposa conservative outfits picked out for her. She quickly undressed and put on pajamas so she could start her homework. While she was walking back to her desk, there was a knock on the window. It could only be one person. She walked over to the window and saw Chance on the tree branch with his infamous smile. Scooter opened the window for Chance to come in.

"I thought we could do homework together," Chance said, making himself comfortable on her bed. He kicked off his shoes and chucked his pants.

"Babe, aren't you supposed to be home?" Scooter asked.

"My mom's out of town, and my dad is working late again. Your house was close to my job, so I just thought I could stay here for the night. You still have extra clothes for me, right?"

"Yeah, they're in the closet."

"Cool. Weren't you supposed to be taking a nap? You looked, tired babe"

"I didn't get a chance to. Right when I got home, me and my dad went out," Scooter said, sitting at her desk. She looked at her clock, and it read 9:50. It's going to be a long night, she thought.

"Well, you don't have a lot of homework, do you?" Chance asked, pulling a notebook out and starting his work.

"Yeah, my AP English teacher already gave us an assignment to do." Scooter was an exceptional scholar. She was taking 2 AP classes: English and US History, and all honors classes.

"When is it due?" Chance asked her.

"Next Friday"

"Babe, come lay down. You got all week to do this." He said, patting the side, she normally sleeps on.

"Okay, babe. But lock the door. I don't want my dad to come in a catch you in here. Make sure you leave at a respectable time," Scooter said, getting up so she can lie in her bed. Chance got up to lock the door and sat back in his spot, finishing his homework. Scooter cuddled up to him and fell asleep.

*****

A/N: Here you guys go. Sorry if you're expecting me to write right away; I'm in school and trying to graduate. Please like and comment!!! Blessings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!