Chapter 75 : Year 4

Mulai dari awal

"So you're telling me that I passed out—I could have been dying or something—and you decided to bring me into your bed—with you?" I clarified, raising my eyebrows skeptically. "You know what I think that sounds like—"

"What kind of monster do you think I am, Fitzroy?" he spat under his breath.

"I wouldn't really put it past you, considering you think you can get whatever you want—"

"I didn't do anything bad to you, all right?" he injected, shifting uncomfortably where he lay. "I was doing you a favor, actually, so you can stop being so bloody unappreciative—"

"A favor?" I repeated hotly. "I could have had a serious physical ailment and you decided to bring me to your dormitory rather than the hospital wing! I could have been having a vision and you decided to bring me into your bed instead of to Trelawney or Dumbledore! If you were so unconcerned, why didn't you simply throw me into my own dormitory and allow my roommates to deal with me?"

"The door was...locked," he answered unconvincingly as his eyes avoided mine.

"Why didn't you just throw me on the couch in the common room or leave me on the floor then?" I asked, squirming in a way that made my sock-covered foot accidentally brush up against his. I kept my eyes fixated on his to mask the uncomfortable thrill of such a miniscule touch.

"I—I panicked," he stammered, seeming thoroughly flustered in a way that was quite uncommon for Draco Malfoy. "I couldn't just leave you in the common room—"

"Well, how am I supposed to get out of here, hm?" I questioned, glancing over my shoulder at his still-sleeping roommates. "We're on the top bunk, so they'll hear if I jump down, and clearly neither of us want them to know I'm here—"

"You were going to say something before you passed out last night," Malfoy interrupted, barely even hearing my words. "What were you going to say?" 

"What are you talking about?" I snapped, though I was very well aware of what he was referring to.

"I—said something I shouldn't have, and you were going to respond," he growled agitatedly. "What were you going to say?"

"I—I don't know," I lied lamely. "I lost my entire memory—it's all just gone. I don't even know who you are—who are you?"

"Stop playing games with me, Fitzroy," he snarled, boring his angry eyes into me. "Tell me what you were—"

"Whoa—oh—is it morning?" Theodore Nott groaned as he began to stretch himself out of his blankets. "Blimey, time flies when you're having good dreams, am I right, boys?"

"Wh—what—what's happening?" Crabbe sputtered, snorting as he jolted awake.

"Get under the blanket," Malfoy muttered, barely moving his lips.

"What?" I hissed, staring at him with wide eyes before he unexpectedly pushed my head under his black sheets. Now concealed by the warm darkness, all I could see was the faint outline of his body, which was much, much too close to mine.

"Is today Wednesday?" I heard Nott complaining from the other side of the room. "That means we have History of Magic first—God that's the worst. With the Hufflepuffs too...that makes it even worse... Hey, Draco, who do you have under your bed with you, huh? Didn't realize we were allowed to bring girls in here on school nights. Blaise has been telling me I can only bring Tracey in here on the weekends—"

"Because those are the nights I'm with Daphne and I don't have to be in here, Theo," Zabini retorted coldly from beneath us. "Who's up there with you, Draco?"