Harry x Ginny

Ginny sat in the bright kitchen enjoying the bright morning sun as it grew before her. Soon the landscape outside would glow bright and hot as the day went on, but before any of that her husband would be home. Today was the day.

She was now twenty-three, and her husband Harry had been working many nights trying to correct the auror office as best as he could. The past few people who had run it since Kingsley took over had struggled and created the largest mess in the entire ministry. Becoming the head of the auror office at only twenty-four however seemed to create quite the stir in the wizarding world.

After the battle had been won, Harry had taken over a year and a half to recover both mentally and physically. It wasn't until he was almost twenty that he had taken a long-standing job offer at the ministry as an auror, and when he was twenty-two he had married the love of his life.

There were still many sleepless nights and nightmares that they never quiet recovered from, and often one of them would wake up to the other one's cries or panting, Harry still yelled and spoke in his sleep.

It was just past eight when Ginny began to worry, if only she had her mothers clock she would know exactly were Harry was, his frequent trips and emergency planning often took him away from home. She just hoped that today wouldn't be the day that some angry dark magic supporter decided to stalk the muggle prime minister or something or another.

Beginning to worry, she found herself something to do as she waited. She began to make breakfast, which was something she rarely did. Harry was the better cook, although she was much better at baking. She decided on a large English breakfast. She stirred up some cut tomatoes, potato wedges, toast, marmalade, bacon, and made some over-easy eggs. She began making them by using magic but after a moment decided to make them by hand, the same way Harry always did it.

Although he would always tell her he made food "the muggle way" because he had never been good at using his magic in that way like Mrs. Weasley was, she knew that it was more than that to her. Cooking had become therapeutic for him, and she was happy to find him cooking in the kitchen after he spent long days at the ministry.

She was almost done with the eggs when she heard a loud pop from the outside of the house, throwing the eggs on a plate she ran up to the door to greet him. She watched as he walked up the lane, he was taller than he had once been and much more muscular although Ginny hardly noticed anymore. She noticed things like the small outline of a smile, his clean clothes and messy hair.

"You're not wearing your ministry robes," she pointed out as he stepped up the front steps of the porch. It was more a question than an accusation.

"I changed before I left, thought it would make more sense to the muggles if I was wearing regular clothing than if I were wearing ministry robes that they had never seen before," He leaned toward her to kiss her, first planting a kiss on her freckled nose then planting one on her lips.

"And why would the muggles see you?" She asked when they parted lips.

"Because I had to go into London to pick up something for you," he smiled, holding up a large paper bag. "Calm down-" he patted her head and laughed as she bounced up and down, "you have to wait to open it." She raised her eyebrow slightly. He had taken to bringing her small gifts over the years they had been married, and she had done the same, but never had he made her wait for her gift.

He strode through the living room and into the dining room where there were plates piled with food, all of it looked delicious. He turned to look at his Ginny, "Have I ever told you how truly magnificent you are?"

She crossed toward him and began piling food onto two plates, then took a seat at the small table that was set for the two of them. They hardly ever had much company as most of the time they saw friends they met up with them in the Three Broomsticks or the Hogs Head, and most of the family frequented the Burrow.

They ate and were silent, the food was very good. Ginny was surprised that she had not burned any of the food as she usually did. That was why Harry regularly did the cooking.

She watched him eat with great interest. Many days he ate regular helpings, but there were still days that he hardly ate at all. If he was stressed or upset he would cook a large meal, but then would only pick at the food. Today however, he ate more than usual. That brought a smile to her face.

"When do you work next?" She asked, worried that it would be later that day. If it was, she would only have a short amount of time where he wasn't asleep.

"Not for a couple of days, as long as the other Aurors don't need much. They should be fine without me," 

Ginny couldn't help it, with the news that her husband would be home brought a large smile to her face. They would be able to celebrate over the next few nights, something they surely needed.

"Why so smiley?" He asked, finishing his food.

"Well, I thought that since we finally finished all the work on the house we should invite everyone over to come see it." She smiled devilishly.

Later, once owls had been sent and the family confirmed that they would all be coming for dinner Ginny began decorating. Harry was asleep in their bedroom, having worked overtime for the fourth day in a row. He did not wake until Ginny was icing a large cake, with a large amount of food waiting for prep on the counter.

"Has this been planned out?" Harry asked, eyeing everything that sat before him, "I was under the impression that you just came up with this idea." His hair was tussled and his clothes were wrinkled from sleep. Ginny smiled at her husband, he looked truly innocent at times like these, unlike when he wore his ministry robes.

"It has been a bit planned out. Everyone will be here in an hour, you should go shower really quick," she smiled, finishing the cake and setting it to the side for the icing to set.

Heading back up the stairs, he laughed a bit to himself. They'd been together for years yet she still found new ways to surprise him. He was no where near as good at surprising her as she was at surprising him, when he attempted to surprise her she weaseled it out in some way. Truly, no secrets were kept from her.

After showering and finding a clean set of clothes Harry walked down the stairs to his wife, she had started cooking dinner herself in his absence. Sharing the kitchen, Ginny was in charge of the salad and the roast vegetables. Harry was finishing up preparing a large chicken when the doorbell rang. Molly and Arthur were the first to arrive. He threw the chicken quickly in the oven and ran off to let his in-laws inside.

By the time dinner was ready the whole Weasley family, including Hermione, was gathered out on the back patio. The sun beat over the lawn, which was quite large and even. The garden, made mostly by Ginny, was overrun with large flowers of every color. On the new patio sat a large table with chairs all around it, just large enough to fit the whole family without having to expand it.

"Harry, Ginny your home is so beautiful," crooned Molly.

Harry had Ginny in a half-embrace as the family looked over their hard work. Ginny smiled down at her shoes, then looked back into her mother's eyes, "It'll be great for the baby,"

It was as if the whole world had been told to stand still at that exact moment.

"What?" Harry looked down at her, still holding her tight.

"Honey, I'm pregnant,"