The school's heart breaker is my brother...

Start from the beginning

“What the hell!” I shouted at him as I stood up dusting myself down as Scott stared up at me from the floor.

“Sam…” He whispered looking terrified.

“The cops are behind you,” He signalled towards them with his eyes obviously trying to be totally discreet.

I laughed, Scott was my best friend so it was okay for me to say this, the guy is sometimes thicker than a 50 ton cemented wall.

“I know Scott, they’re with me.” I told him causally as if it was an everyday occurrence for the cops to be trailing me.

“Ok which bank did you rob???” I slapped Scott across the arm in anger, seriously what kind of best friend always thinks the worst of you???

I smiled sadly as I thought about the situation we were in…I loved Scott like a brother but I felt so sad and tired of everything all of a sudden and even Scott’s jokes couldn’t bring my mother back to life.

“Go and talk to Mia for me,” I said and pointed into Mrs Parks open office door. I had no idea how Scott knew something was going on, maybe it was the cops standing beside me or maybe it was the tears in my eyes but whatever it was he knew what he had to do and smiled at me before quickly running inside to find Mia.

As I walked down the empty hallways to the police car my hands were shaking as I slipped them inside the pockets of my hoodie hoping to keep them still, I began to see all the times my mother and I had fought, all the bad times that we had shared. All the arguments and fights seemed so pointless now, I had wasted her life with stupid petty words. Ironically words were all I had left of her now, stories of the things we had done, memories of the things we had seen and words, so many words I wished I said but there were three in particular I wished more than anything I had told her.

I Love You….

It might seem totally appalling and maybe even a little creepy to you that after my dad left I never told anyone I loved them again. I was so hurt and angry that a man I thought was my hero and best friend would just walk out and leave me alone was just the start of my long spiral down the path of hate.

All through my life it seemed that everyone I loved disappeared, died or simply left me…

First my dad, then my grandparents, then my dog, Harvey, and now my mum. I used to think when I was little that it was my fault, if I said those three words to someone, it was my fault when they would just disappear or die. I mean my theory had worked every time and I was only 5 so as the years went by I figured that if I didn’t love any one no one would get hurt.

Sadly others did get hurt, I could see the hurt in my mother’s face every birthday as I thanked her for my birthday gifts and she would laugh and say I love you Sam always waiting for my reply.

 It would never come.

I could see the hurt every time she said good night to me just before I went to bed. She would stand at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me to say it to just this once.

I never did.

Every time I saw my mum I saw the hurt in her eyes. I closed my own as I thought about her last dying moments, did she know that I was only trying to protect her, to make sure she stayed with me and was safe. Did she know I loved her????

To be honest I wasn’t sure.

The car journey to the hospital morgue was silent and cold. Just like my life. As we drove up to the door I felt panic take over my body, what if they had made a mistake???

What if it wasn’t my mother lying in down there in the hospital basement but some other women, maybe my mother was alive and fine at work, maybe we would laugh about this ridiculous  situation one day when we were old. 

So many possibilities but why was nothing was definite….

Thoughts continued to race through my mind as I walked through the hospital wards, the strong smell of bleach making sick rise to my stomach as it filled my throat and lungs and stung my eyes.

Far away down and another path I heard an old women cry out in her sleep, down another corridor I heard the cries of a family as a life support machine was tuned off, down another hall were cries of a different kind, a new born baby had been just brought into the world. 

Good luck, I wished the baby even though it couldn't hear me. In today's world it was going to need it.

I paused as the sounds of the hospital got further and further away until there was nothing but the beating of my own heart.

A male doctor appeared out of nowhere and opened a large metal door for me before disappearing inside. 

I followed him slowly and quietly as I entered the morgue. It was a strangely warm room considering it was full of decaying corpses. I watched as the doctor and ran his hands along what looked like the side of some giant lockers before he stopped in front of the end one.

He opened it quickly without a moment’s hesitation and signalled for me to come over. I stood my feet frozen to ground as fear washed over me and my body began to tremble. I felt week at the knees as I felt as cold hand touch my back and push me forwards.

I stumbled almost falling onto the floor but I caught myself on a metal table that was sticking out of the wall for some odd reason.

It was only then that I noticed what was actually lying on the table.

I couldn’t’ breathe, my body felt numb and cold and I couldn’t help but wonder if by some miracle it was me that had just died.

But I knew instantly that wasn’t the case as I looked down on a dead body, the eyes were shut tight and the whole body was stained an odd shade of ghostly blue but even without the usual glow and smile I knew it was defiantly my mother.

I collapsed to the floor hitting my head on the table as I went, I heard the room fill with shouts but I no longer cared, I blocked out all the cries of the police officer and the doctor as the room became burry and my mother’s dead body was all I could see as lay on the cold concrete floor. All the heat was being sucked right out of my body, I felt my mind slip away into a dream like state and my heart felt as if it was finally slowing down.

Then everything went black…

********************************

Sorry guys I know it’s not the best chapter ever but I hope you all liked it :)

Poor Sam he had to go identify his mum body, awww I felt so bad for him as I was writing this but he needed to know it was defiantly his mum….

Well I hope to upload quicker next time but I’m so busy with school and extra stuff but I wanna make you guys happy so I will try my very best-est for you all.

As always please vote, comment or fan :)

In the next chapter you will find out what will happen to Mia and Sam…. Whoever can guess what is going to happen first I will dedicate my next part to you so guess, guess, and guess!!!!!!!

Love you all xxxxxxxxxx

P.s Please if you can check out my friends "How a girls mind works" It's super awesome :)