Of Course I Believe In Magic (Muggle!Reader)

Start from the beginning

You sharply turned a corner only to bump right into a man. You looked up and was shocked to see who it was. It was the attractive curly-haired man.

"Oh--uh--I'm sorry, I'm just trying to get back to my apartment before I get soaked--" you rambled on.

The man chuckled, before opening an umbrella over the two of you. (It's your average muggle umbrella). "I see that. I've been seeing you around the city lately, but I haven't gotten the chance to speak with you. Can I walk you back to your apartment? It's freezing and wet out here, I don't want you to get drenched and catch a cold, I could imagine you'd like some company."

He was British! That just made you attracted to him even more. You were grateful for his kind offer, and especially for the umbrella that protected you from the ungodly weather. You were pretty positive that he wasn't a rapist or some shit. He was just too adorable. "I'd appreciate that very much, thank you. Oh! I'm Y/N, by the way. Y/N L/N."

He smiled. "I'm Newton Scamander, but everyone calls me Newt."

The trek back to your apartment took about fifteen minutes. You and Newt made small talk, about little things, like hobbies, why Newt was visiting America, stuff like that. You never brought up the Goldsteins so you didn't sound creepy, you actually wanted to get to know this guy. However, you found out that Newt was actually in the middle of writing a book, but he didn't tell you what exactly it was about. He said he was visiting America because there was something here that he needed to study for his book. It sounded a bit suspicious, but hey, for all you know he could actually be an undercover agent.

Or a wizard.

*

You arrived at the door to your apartment.

"Thank you, Newt, for walking me home on such short notice." You smiled to show your gratitude.

"It was my pleasure. I'm glad I finally got to talk to you, I've been too shy to actually approach you," Newt responded, a cute smile appearing on his freckled face.

"I guess me running into you was fate, huh?"

He chuckled. "Well, I should probably get back to where I'm staying."

You frowned. "At least come in for a cup of tea before you leave, in return for walking me home."

Newt seemed very happy with the idea. "I'd love to."

At the end of your little two-person tea party, Newt had something important to ask you.

"Y/N, I know we've only really known each other for about an hour, but you're more intriguing than any girl I've met the past ten years. So I have to ask, would you care to go on a date with me tomorrow at Central Park?"

You nodded happily. "Yes, of course I would!"

"Perfect. I'll be here tomorrow at six?" Newt's huge smile remained on his face.

"Sounds lovely. Now you should really be getting home, it's getting really dark."

"Trust me, I'll be fine."

*

All throughout the next day you were giddy with excitement for your date with Newt. You were grateful that Central Park wasn't a particularly fancy place, thus making it a lot easier for you to choose your outfit.

You glanced at the clock. It was 5:58PM. Newt should be here any minute. You pulled on your heeled boots (you had basically mastered walking in them) and your warm winter coat. You looked at the clock one more time just as the hand turned from 5:59PM to 6:00PM. There was a knock at the door. Man's got impressive timing.