Sickness Sucks

Winter was by far your least favorite season. Not because of the holidays or anything; you loved the holidays. It was because of the fact you always managed to get a bad cold. Someway, somehow. No matter what you did to try and prevent it. You were currently residing in the Goldstein's apartment, lying on the sofa with numerous tissues strewn around you. Your eyes were red and watery, and whenever you attempted to speak your sentence would occasionally be disturbed by a cough.

Tina and Queenie had to go to work at MACUSA, so they wouldn't be able to take care of you. You claimed you would be perfectly fine on your own, but they wouldn't have it. You ended up losing that short argument, and Queenie called Newt over. As soon as Queenie told him you were sick, he interrupted Queenie very quickly and said, "I'll be over right away."

Does he really care about me that much? You thought.

Queenie being Queenie of course read your mind immediately. A giddy smile spread onto her face and she squealed in excitement. Yes, you had a little crush on Newt Scamander.

Wait, who am I to lie to myself??? He's freaking gorgeous.

Once again, you forgot Queenie could easily read your thoughts. She clapped her hands together. "Oh, honey you and Newt would make the cutest–!" She was interrupted by the sound of the front door swinging open.

"Y/N and I would make the cutest what?" Newt said as he walked through the doorway to where you lay. His nose was a bright shade of pink from the New York cold.

You flushed a brilliant red. "Oh, nothing!" Queenie exclaimed and made her way to the door where her sister, Tina, was putting on her coat. "Take good care of Y/N, Newt!"

"Good luck, Newt. She tends to be quite sarcastic when she's sick...," Tina joked, throwing you a wink as she and Queenie walked out of the apartment and softly closed the door behind them.

Newt sat in the chair next to the sofa. "Feeling a bit under the weather, are we?" Newt said.

"Tell me abo–*cough* about it...," you groaned. Suddenly, a chill racked over your body.

Newt easily noticed. "You're cold! Here, let me put a blanket over you," he said and picked up the blanket that was laying over the back of his chair.

"No, *cough* that won't be necessary."

Newt looked at you with a 'seriously' face. "Y/N, you're clearly cold. Queenie and Tina called me over here to take care of you, which I am going to do." He lay the blanket over you, which thankfully stopped your shivering.

"Thank you, Newt. You know... you really didn't have to come. I don't want you to get sick, too. It would've been fine if you declined," you spoke, snuggling up to the warm blanket.

Newt's beautiful whatever-color-they-freaking-are eyes widened. "I chose to come here, Y/N. The last thing I ever want is for you to be alone. Especially when you're sick."

You let your heavy eyelids close for a few seconds. "Mmm... thank you, Newt," you said sleepily. "You're the sweetest..."

"What? Sorry, I didn't catch that last part," he asked.

Your eyes immediately shot open when you realized what you had said. "I—uh—I said y-you were the sweetest..." You tried to hide yourself from the world under the blanket, but failed.

Newt smiled like a dork. He suddenly reached out a hand and lightly stroked your warm cheek. "Y/N–," he began, but then panicked. "You're burning up!" he shot up from his seat and immediately went to the kitchen, coming back with a cool cloth which he gingerly placed on your forehead.

"Thank you, Newt *cough*."

"Anytime. What I was going to say was, thank you. For calling me sweet. I believe you're quite sweet as well. Especially when Queenie reads my thoughts and announces them to everyone and you stand up for me. I-I don't believe I've ever properly thanked you for that."

"Of course. Queenie shouldn't exploit your thoughts like that. But, you're not alone," you said, quickly regretting the last part.

Newt smiled. "And whatever do you mean?"

Great. Now I have no choice but to answer. What will he think? Oh, screw it, you thought. "Do you—do you remember earlier? When you first got here and Queenie was saying something about us making a cute something?"

He nodded, listening to every word intently. "Yes, I do."

"Well, she thinks we would make a cute c-couple..."

"Sh-she does?" Newt's face brightened, but you didn't notice.

You nodded, your jaw clenched. "Yes. Now I know what you're going to say, that's gross and disgusting and you want nothi–."

He cut you off with a kiss. You froze at first, but quickly melted into it.

Newt Scamander? IS KISSING ME. ON THE LIPS, you thought.

Once you both pulled away, a shocked look appeared on your face. "Newt! I'm sick, and I don't want you to get sick too—!"

He cut you off. "Do you think that's what matters to me right now? I just got to kiss the most beautiful woman in the world."

Your face became redder than it already was because you were sick. "I'm beautiful?"

"The most—the most beautiful I've ever seen."

"You're quite handsome yourself, you know," you replied, a huge smile on your face.

Newt pressed a sweet kiss to your cheek. After that, together you spent the rest of the day enjoying the other's company. Newt gladly cared to every need you had. Sometimes he would notice it before you yourself did, he was like a mother.

**The next day**

Newt stumbled out of his case, sweaty and watery-eyed. He sneezed, and then coughed rather harshly.

You noticed his state, and frowned. "Told you I didn't want you getting sick from me. Come on, it's my turn to take care of you," you said, kissing his cheek and leading him to the sofa.