Want to Have a Baby?

Character(s): Sherlock, Reader

"Hey, Sher?" You ask cautiously, your voice soft. From John's old chair, you are watching your husband, whom is sitting in his leather chair, hands together resting under his chin.

"Hmm?" He responds absentmindedly.

"What do you think about having a baby?" Each word that comes out of your mouth is said calmly and cautiously in an attempt to not freak your husband out. At your words, though, Sherlock's eyes widen in alarm.

"You want to have a baby?" Sherlock brings his hands away from his face to rest in his lap and his attention has completely shifted from thinking about a case to attempting to comprehend what you just asked.

"Well," you begin, "yeah." You begin to wring the hem of your shirt into a knot in an attempt to somehow calm your nerves. "I mean, I know it's kind of a scary thought to have a mini us running around, but, Sher..." You trail off.

"You are ready to be a mother," Sherlock finishes. Despite the tenseness of the situation, you smile; Sherlock had a knack for finishing your sentences.

"Yeah."

"Then okay."

"Wait," you say as intense feelings of shock and excitement overcome you, "Really?"

"Yes," Sherlock states casually. "You're ready to be a mother, and that really isn't something that I can ignore. Y/N, I love you, and if you want this, then we will try."

"But are you ready to be a father?"

"Maybe not currently, but I will be when the time comes." You smile.

"C'mere," you say whilst standing up, opening your arms to invite your husband in for a hug. Sherlock complies and stands, instantly taking you into his arms.

"Thank you," you say into his chest.

"Anything for you, love."