[06 | Tea ]

[ 06 | Tea, but like, Coffee ]

Gavin chuckled as I paced back and forth in my room, digging through the various boxes I kept hidden under my bed.

The bastard didn't bother helping when I clearly couldn't lift an extremely heavy box. He just sat on my bed and poked on my stuffed animals laughing at my struggles. Some man he was turning out to be.

"If you're not going to help," I told him after falling back and ripping part of a box I was trying to pull, "Then Please leave. I'd rather not have your stupid face here mock me."

He smiled, shaking his head as he moved towards me and lifters the box up with ease. As if he was doing this from the goodness of his heart. He just wanted to get laid, that was the only reason he stuck around when he didn't have to.

"Where so you want this?" he asked, eyeing the dusty box on his hands.

"The bed," I answered, running there and pushing all the little figurines away to make room for the box. "Be gentle. Those things are extremely fragile." They're all I have left of Lily.

He rolled his eyes but carefully placed the box in the bed. "What are these?" he wondered when I opened it.

"Sculptures." I scooped a handful of the peanut foams and discarded them on the floor.

Gavin grabbed some of the foam and flicked them at me. "You know, I used to try eating these when I was younger," he said, smiling slightly, placing his hands on my waist as he pressed himself behind me, kissing the nape of my neck.

I rolled my eyes and elbowed him off. This wasn't the time and place for this. "That's pretty stupid."

He just raised a brow and stepped back, but he kept his hands on me. "Don't tell me you've never eaten anything stupid when you were younger."

I threw more foam at him. "These are radioactive you know?" I lied, turning around to face him. I let my fingers play with the buttons of his shirt, biting back a smile when I heard him take in a deep breath. I looked up, noticing the hazy look in his eyes. Leaning slightly forward, Gavin took notice of the closing distance and lowered his head towards mine. Though, instead of meeting his lips with my own, I kissed his cheek and whispered, "No wonder your brains a little bit stupid."

He glared at me when I pushed him away and fished for the figurines in the box.

"I'm just kidding," I assured him, looking behind me to see that he was sulking. With I sigh, I decided to change the subject. As fun as it was teasing Gavin, I didn't want to push him too much tonight; not when we were about to commence the next part of the attack soon.

"What made you stop eating them?" I wondered. He never talked much about his past, but I supposed that was my fault. He usually answered every question I asked about him—or mostly everything.

He shrugged, sitting on the bed beside the box. "Cole was rushed in the ER."

I gasped. "What?"

Gavin chuckled, running his fingers through his dark hair. "I told him to eat some too and he did and he choked on them. My dad yelled at us and we laughed about it."

I smiled a little, trying to picture a younger version of Gavin eating these tiny things. "How long have you guys been friends?"

"S'long as I remember," he answered with a shrug.

"How'd you two become friends anyway?" I wondered, digging through the box. I found several small figurines made out of clay; some were beautifully painted while some were unfinished, but I didn't doubt that they'd be just as beautiful if they were completed.