Spell tips

1.) Avoid Obsession
Obsessing over a desire or need can actually prevent you from getting what you want. If you keep desperately hoping that your wish will come true, you exhibit doubt. And doubt squelches a spell's success like water poured on a fire.

2.) Silence all distractions
Turn off the TV, phone, etc. Tell other people who won't be participating in the spell not to bother you--put a Do Not Disturb sign on your door. Put pets in a place where they won't demand your attention or upset your activity. You need to keep your attention focused on your task in order to produce good results. Additionally, when you do a spell, you move from mundane space into magickal space---being jerked back from that magickal place by some outside interference can be jarring, like being shaken out of a peaceful sleep.

3.) Establish your intention
Unless you have a clearly defined reason for doing a spell, don't bother. It's simply a waste of time and energy, and your efforts may go awry. Write down your intention--this helps clarify your objective and starts the process of moving it out of your mind, into physical form. If you'll be working with other people, discuss your intention together beforehand so everyone understands what you're doing and why. It's essential that you're all in agreement and that you all focus on the same intention; otherwise, you might get mixed results.