Then, I got a text.

I pulled out my phone and saw that it was from Sam.

Sam: hey Riley check your paypal :)

I went onto the PayPal app.

It said that Sam sent me $300.

I texted him back.

Me: SAM WTF WHY DID YOU SEND ME 300 DOLLARS

Sam: because you need it? duh

Me: well thank you but I don't really need it

Sam: Riley you're in Florida, of course you need it

Me: true I guess

Sam: soooooo what are you doing right now?

I went onto FaceTime and FaceTimed him.

He answered right away.

"Where are you? It looks dark." He said.

I smiled as I moved the phone so he could see Cora sitting next to me.

He gasped.

"Cora!"

Cora's face lit up once she saw Sam on the screen.

"Sammy!" She squealed.

I almost teared up at watching them talk.

It was so cute watching their reactions.

"Cora! You're so big now!" Sam smiled.

"I'm 7 now!"

They talked for a little before Sam had to go. I sung Cora to sleep then walked back out into the living room.

My mom was sitting on the couch reading a book.

I sat down next to her and hugged her. She hugged me back and I sighed.

"I love you so much mom."

***

It was now morning and I was attempting to get Cora up and ready for our breakfast with Colby. We decided on Denny's because it was close and cheap.

"But Ry it hurts!" Cora sounded like she was going to cry as she was trying to put on shorts over her cast.

"Cora, remember this, pain is only temporary." I said, I wanted her to remember that her entire life, it didn't just have to do with physical pain.

Pain is always only temporary.

"Ry I don't wanna go!" She frowned as she crossed her arms.

"What do you mean?" I thought she would be happy to meet one of my new friends.

Can I even consider Colby a friend?

To him, I'm probably just a weird, broken girl who lives with them because she had no where else to go.

She looked at me and I wiped a tear off of her cheek.

"But I don't wanna go I-" she took a sharp inhale because she was crying,"I don't want you to be around any other boys a-and," she took another inhale," b-because I don't want to see you be hurt again."

Cora is a smart girl, she had to grow up fast. She's like a 11 year old in a 7 year old's body.

At first I was so confused as to why she would say this, but then realization set in.