five

I walked down the stairs, I heard whimpering coming from the living room. I peered out into the massive living room.

I saw my mom sitting on the couch, her head was in her hands.

I slowly approached her.

"Mommy?"

She looked up at me, tears were rolling down her cheeks and her makeup was smudged. She quickly wiped her cheeks and put on a fake smile.

"Hey Riley, what's up?" She asked me, motioning for me to sit next to her.

I walked over to the couch and sat down.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

She nodded her head and patted my leg.

"Yes, I'm fine Riles. Don't worry about me." She said with a weak smile.

I nodded and stood up. I walked towards the stairs when I heard the front door bust open.

I turned around and saw my dad standing in the door frame.

The sound of the door slamming against the wall woke up Cora. I heard her start crying from upstairs.

"All of you! Get the fuck out of my house!" My dad shouted.

"Jeff! Please calm down!" My mom pleaded, standing up and walking closer to him.

"No, bitch!" My dad screamed.

He slapped her across the face and she almost fell to the ground.

Something came over me, anger possibly.

"DON'T HIT MY MOTHER!" I screamed at him.

He turned to face me.

"Oh, so the baby's finally speaking up? You shouldn't talk back to your parents!" He screamed at me.

Fear took over my body.

I heard Cora start crying upstairs even more.

"Go get your fucking sister and leave my house!" He screamed at me.

I panicked and ran upstairs. I ran into Cora's nursery and picked her up out of her crib. I tried to calm her down as I walked back downstairs.

I walked into the living room and saw my mom and dad arguing.

"Please don't argue!" I pleaded.

They both turned to face me, my mom ran to me and took Cora from my arms.

"Riley! You have no reason to speak to me like that!" He shouted back, walking closer to me.

I started to back up, ultimately running into a wall.

He cornered me and grabbed my arms.

"I said to get the fuck out of my house!" He screamed into my face.

He started violently dragging me, tightening his grip on my arm with every second.

"Stop! Get off of me! Help! Stop!" I repeatedly screamed at the top of my lungs, over and over again.

I was trying my best to get him off of me. My mom ran over to us and tried to get my dad off of me.

"GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY DAUGHTER!" My mother screamed, kicking him off of me.

"THEN GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE!" He shouted back, letting my arms go.