Chapter 14

Daenerys woke up with a start, sitting up straight, chest heaving as she panted hard, the remnants of her dream colliding with reality and momentarily stunning her. She shook her head to clear her thoughts, and the last haunting screams ceased to replay in her mind.

She was wearing the undergarments of her armor; namely the leggings, socks, a gray sleeveless tank top, and one of Freya's blue sweaters.

Flinging off silky covers, she stood and walked to the window, trying to catch a good view of Manhattan. She had just arrived her this afternoon, arriving in just the nick of time to save the prince of Asgard's life from a close range bullet to the head. Without a healing stone or potion, Loki would surely have died.

Abandoning the window, Daenerys pulled on the mid calf boots that went with her armor. She left the metal shin guards and crept out of her room quietly, hoping not to wake anyone. She walked up the stairs soundlessly, trying to reach the top floor that Freya had shown her when she had given her an official tour of the Tower.

The Roof.

Apparently, it was where the best view of the city could be seen, all the lights of the world spread out below you.

She pushed the metal door open and stepped into the cool night breeze.

The cold didn't bother her, or maybe it would have, had she been paying attention to anything but the lights around her. But she wasn't. She was totally immersed in wonder and awe as she got a good look at the city.

The bright lights of the slow moving cars below, the buildings alive with color. The faint smell of petrichor wafted up to fill her nose, and the faint sounds of sirens and a few lazy honks from the cars below filled her ears.

Daenerys walked to the edge of the building, and sat down on the ledge, dangling her feet freely over the edge. She carefully removed her boots and placed them beside her, for fear of lossing her only pair of shoes on Earth.

She watched as the cars moved, like a slow, quiet moving brook, the faint sound of their horns barely reaching Daenerys's ears as she sat atop Stark Towers.

She sat up there, swinging her legs over the edge, letting the wind tangle her hair with its cold, stiff fingers, and watching the lights.

As the late night wore into early morning, more cars seemed to fill the streets, their noise only slightly bit more prominent in the Asgardian warrior's ears. A few hours after the first pink rays of morning had spilled over the clouds and onto the blackened sky of night, Daenerys finally left the rooftop.

According to the midgardian clock on the wall before the stairs, it was 7:45. "Midgardian time moves fast." She murmured as she slid down the banister, completely avoiding the stairs.

As she landed on the living quarters floor, she almost collided with Dr. Banner. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry Dr. Banner." She said, looking the startled man over. He waved his hand dismissively. "Its alright Danny."

Daenerys looked at him oddly. "Danny?" She asked questioningly. "Oh, I'm sorry if you don't like that nickname. I'll, I'll stop calling you that."

"No, no. Its alright. I just... Never had a nickname before." Daenerys admitted, smiling. "But I like it. Danny. I like that."

Bruce returned her radiant grin with a half smile. "Alright then Danny, you might want to know that everyone basically comes down to eat breakfast at 8 AM. If you get down any later than that, Thor will have eaten all the food." Daenerys laughed. "Alright, thank you. I'll be but a moment."

Bruce smiled as he walked away from the Asgardian warrior. After only two simple conversation, the auburn haired warrior had already earned both Dr. Banner and the Hulk's trust.

Showering and dressing in the comfortable clothes Freya had lent her, Daenerys ran down the stairs to the dining floor, jumping from halfway up the stairs and landing solidly at the bottom of the stairwall.

"I am starving!" She exclaimed, claiming the only empty seat left- Beside Loki and Freya.

"Try this magical bread Lady Daenerys!" Thor exclaimed, shoving three brown sugar and cinnamon poptars onto her plate.

"They're called poptarts." Loki informed her as she took a bite. Her eyes widened as she took another bite. "But magical bread sounds more fitting!" She exclaimed, tearing through the poptarts.

"Why are all Asgardians obsessed with pop-tarts?" Clint asked as he watched the two tear into the pop tart collection on the table.

"Excuse me?" Loki asked.

"I don't like pop tarts that much." Freya said.

"What is this thin brown liquid?" Daenerys interjected. "Hot chocolate." Steve said as he bit into his toast. "Well Its delicious!!" She exclaimed, draining her cup. "Midgardian food is absolutely wonderful!"

Loki grunted in reply. "I suppose." Daenerys shoved a steaming cup of hot chocolate into his hands. "Well go on, drink it!" She said, urging him. "But I'm a Frost Giant." He objected. Daenerys frowned, giving him what was fast becoming her signature pout. "And I'm impatient. Drink!"

Giving her a look, he cautiously took a sip. "Well?" She asked, drumming her fingers on the table. "Do you like it or not?"

Loki looked undecided as he met her gaze. "It.... Wasnt bad." He admitted begrudgingly. "See! I knew you'd like it!" She said, grinning ear to ear. "All I said was that it wasn't bad!" He objected.

"Of course." She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I want another!" She yelled, smashing the cup on the floor. "What the hell?!" Tony yelled. Freya jumped in surprise and everyone looked over at the smashed remains of the white cup.

"I want another please." Daenerys asked politely. "Danny, that's not how we do things here." Bruce said, trying not to laugh. "When you want another, you just ask. You don't smash the mug on the floor." Freya explained.

"That was a good cup!" Tony seethed from across the table. Her face fell as she met his angry gaze. "I am deeply sorry Man of Iron." She said solemnly. "I did not mean you any offense. I did not realize that this midgardian glass meant so much to you. Allow me to apologize."

Somewhat taken aback by her formal apology, Tony said, "Well, uh, that's okay I guess. Um... Apology accepted?"

Daenerys's face lit up happily. "Really?" She asked hopefully. Tony nodded begrudgingly. "Yes."

Smiling ear to ear, she dropped down to the floor to pick up the pieces of the broken cup. She raised her hand in the air and made an odd gesture with her left hand as she continued to pick up pieces with her right.

Her shield came flying down the stairs, attaching itself to her arm. She flipped it over and put the various broken shards on the curved side of the shield.

She stood and walked to the trash can casually as everyone watched her. "Did that just happen?" Steve asked. Freya nodded, chuckling at his surprised expression. "She is an Asgardian warrior." Freya replied.

Steve looked over at her, smiling as he met her eyes. "You know," He began. "I believe I promised to take you out for shwarma some time." Freya's eyes lit up. "What time should we go?" She asked, grinning wildly.

"We can leave here around 6?" He suggested. Freya leaned forward and kissed him stealthily on the cheek. "Its a date."

A/N---

"I am deeply sorry Man of Iron. I did not mean you any offense. I did not realize that this midgardian glass meant so much to you. Allow me to apologize." - Daenerys Romadottir

XD I'm laughing so hard right now. XD

I think Daenerys is my favorite to write about, because she's so clueless about Midgardian technology and customs. Gosh, I just love her. 

- The Seventh Avenger

Musicfanatic53