Chapter 9

"Well, I'm just glad there aren't any villains nearby, and I can just relax for a little while." I said, sighing as I leaned back in my chair. The room grew quite after that. Steve rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, Bruce cleared his throat uncomfortably, and Thor looked plain uncomfortable.

Everyone either glaring at or looking at Thor. I looked around at everyone's faces before groaning. "Oh no." I say. "Don't tell me Loki's being held prisoner in this building." I say.

"Well I couldn't just let them kill my brother!" Thor says, immediately defensive. "And I wanted to wait the customary 1 month after your disappearance Lady Freya before leaving."

"Well, then why don't you return him to Asgard?" I ask. I CANNOT be in the same building with Loki right now. You CANNOT be serious. A war criminal, is sleeping over Stark Towers? Really?

"The Bifrost went through a lot of strain just to bring me here in the first place." He explains. "It hasn't been fully functional since I broke it."

"Wait wait wait, hold up. You BROKE the Bifrost? You broke an ancient, historical, magical bridge?!" I cry incredulously.

"I had to break it so Loki wouldn't destroy Jotunheim!" He defended. "Is this guy even worth all the trouble?" Steve piped in. "I agree with the Capsicle. If he caused you to break the Bifrost, almost destroyed Earth, or at least take over it, twice, is he really worth keeping alive?" Tony asked. "I agree." Clint added.

"As we've seen, he can break out of prison. And maybe next time he breaks out, he might cause even more damage. I don't think we should give him the option."

Everyone starts talking over each other, Thor argueing that he will not harm his brother, everyone, excluding Pepper and I, were argueing about why he deserved punishment.

"Hang on!" I yelled, silencing everyone. "What do you propose we do with him then, if he's to much of a threat to imprison?"

"Execute him." A deep voice behind me says. We all turn to see Director Fury standing in front of the elevator, dressed all in black leather. Beside him is a young male agent with a long white scar on his forehead. I don't pay the younger agent much attention as Fury looks at me. He smiles slightly when he sees me. "Its good to see you again Taschereau."

"Likewise Director." I answer, smiling.

"You cannot be serious!" Thor exclaims from his seat, looking very distressed.

"He's a monstrous war criminal." Fury answers, waling towards us and shrugging.

"He is my brother!" Thor yells, standing. His hand automatically shoots out, moving to summon Mjolnir.

"Agent Ector." Fury says calmly. Almost like a coiled up serpent, the said Agent Ector whips a familiar looking device out of his pocket and lunges forward. A tazer. He tazes Thor in the chest, causing the Thunder God to cry out in indignation before falling to the ground, unconcious.

"Just like in New Mexico." Tony says. I suck in a breath through my teeth as the dark haired Agent Ector stands and walks back beside Fury. "What happened in New Mexico?" I ask.

"That's where Thor first landed when he came to Earth." Fury explains. "The first time he met Doctors Selvig, Foster, and their intern Darcy Lewis. Darcy tazed him." I suck in another breath. "Ouch." I say.

"That must be pretty strong if it can take out a God." Pepper says as she looks at Thor. "You want to find out?" Agent Ector says, pulling the tazer back out and powering it up.

Both Tony and Pepper look pissed. Tony opens his mouth to say something, but Pepper beats him to it. "Don't be an ass." She says, crossing her arms. "I'm just asking. Do you have to be a complete and utter turd about it?"

We all look at her in surprise, even Director Fury. Pepper seemed really sweet and kind to me, but I guess hanging around Tony for a while improves your comeback skills.

"Wow." I murmur, surprised. "I know." Steve whispers beside me. "The whole time I knew her, I never once heard her say anything mean, rude, or offensive."

"We have to act now." Fury says. "We are under orders from the council to execute Loki. And now that we have Thor out of the way, we can execute Loki. But we have to move fast."

"But... Thor. We'd be severly betraying his trust. And once he wakes up, who even knows how he'll react?"

"That's.... No. We can't do that. Not to Thor. And if we do, we'd be no better off than him." Steve says beside me. "As much as I'd like to get him out of my basement, I agree." Tony says. "Enough blood has been spilled on his account. We mustn't add more."

"Did you.. Did you just try to quote the Lord of the Rings?" Bruce asks. Tony shrugs. "Possibly."

"I won't ask you again." Fury interrupts. "Are you going to help me or not?" I glance at Nat, and shake my head slightly.

I look at Steve and notice everyone's looking at him too. I smile slightly. He's like the unofficial leader of the Avengers.

He shakes his head. "No. I don't think we can help you execute someone, even if he is Loki." He glances down at me and I smile, nodding. He seems to relax a little bit, and looks back to Fury, crossing his arms.

Tony and Pepper stand closer to Steve and I. "I rarely agree with the Capsicle," Tony says as he and Pepper come to stand beside me. "But now is one of those times."

Bruce stands wordlessly beside Steve. We all turn to look at Clint and Natasha. Clint won't go without Natasha, and Natasha won't go without Clint. And this mini revolt won't go without them.

Nat and Clint connect eyes for a moment before they both turn away from each other and come to stand by us. "I guess the Avengers won't be helping you with this one Fury." Steve says. I cross my arms and nudge Tony.

"We have to get Loki." I say. "Or I'm sure Fury'll kill him." Fury regards us for a moment before nodding.

"So be it."

The elevator dings behind him, his dark eyes flashing as he sizes us up. The Avengers Initiative.

The gray elevator doors open, and the room breaks out into a loud cacophony of chaos.