Back To School. 40

Start from the beginning

"I can't help it. You mean a lot to me." He gives me a quick glance, to see my reaction.

I try to hide my smile, but I think the color on my face gives it away. "You mean a lot to me too." I mumble, looking out the window, so he doesn't see my flushed face

His smooth chuckle confirms that he's seen my cherry red face.

Great.

-------------

Val pulls into the parking lot, and he parks the car. And we just sit there for a few minutes in peaceful silence.

"You ready?" He asks, as he stares into my eyes.

"As I'll ever be." I give him a small grin as we exit the car.

We slam the doors shut, and we make our way to the front doors. People keep staring at me, but I could care less.

Once we walk inside I notice that people were either giving me sad smiles, curious looks, or they just simply didn't care.

Once I reach my locker, I hear someone scream my name. I turn around to see a teary eyed Kayla.

Kayla.

Kayla!

We both run to each other, and we collide into a massive hug.

"I missed you! When I heard the news I thought it was fake! I thought I would never see you again!" She sobs loudly, not really caring if people were looking at us.

I just hug her tighter, as tears stream down her face. "I'm fine. I'm just glad I got out of there alive. And I missed you too!" I say, my voice cracking, as a few silent tears run down my face.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that." She whispers, as we rock back and forth in our hug.

"It wasn't your fault." I remind her.

"I'm just glad your alive, and okay."

"Me too, Kayla. Me too."

We break the hug and we just smile at each other. "Now, a little birdie told me Val over there spent the night at your house. Twice in a row." She smirks.

My flushes a light pink, as I see Val giving me a weird look. "Let's not talk about that right now," I mumble, grabbing her arm, and leading her to English, totally forgetting my stuff in my locker.

"Oh, come on! I'm dying to know!" She whines, pouting her bottom lip.

"Well, I like him," I whisper so only she can hear.

She gives me this look like I told her we live on earth. "Well, duh. I think everyone knows that."

"Shut up!" I hiss, as we walk into the English room.

She smirks at me, as we sit in the back of the class room, so the teacher won't hear us talking. Not that I care.

"Well, what about you? Huh? Any crushes your best friends should know about?" I tease, bumping my shoulder with hers.

"Well, maybe." She trails off.

"Oh my gosh! Spill!" I shriek, my eyes wide with excitement.

"Hey, could you be a bit louder? I don't think the penguins in Antarctica could hear you." She replies sarcastically.

"Sorry." I smile, not actually sorry.

"Well, we sit next to each other in biology, and he's so sweet. He's really clumsy, cute, blond hair and caramel eyes." She sighs, with a smile on her face.