Chapter 10

A/N: Totally sorry about the weird split chapter 9 thing.. I felt like chapter nine was short, so i figured.. hey, why don't i just add a little more for my readers! Ihave some pretty great things in store! :)  And all of it is gonna be in Luke's POV. Please vote/comment, thanks! I love you all! :D

My throat was tight and my stomach was filled with butterflies, but they were the kind of butterflies you got when you were scared. I watched Azaila's lifeless body hanging from her mothers arms as her mother cried over her repeating "she's not dead, she's not dead" Zane cleared his throat, "I better get this out of the open now, i'm a demon. An incubus to be exact."  He ran his fingers through his dark hair nervously, while his other hand fidgeted with his pocket. I turned to Azaila's mom and I stepped back quickly against the door. She had stood and she had an intensity in her eyes that could kill. Power gathered around her small frame and a cold heat emanated from her. "What did you do to my daughter?" she said through clenched teeth. Zane stood very still and he spoke very calmly, "Nothing (yet, i thought), she casted a spell and then passed out. Then Luke caught her, so no head injuries either."

  Her mother whipped her head around to me, "Are you demon too?"

My heart was pounding and I felt frozen, but I shook my head, "I'm an angel." Relief spread on her face and Zane added input to that (of course), "fallen angel."

Azaila's mom looked at him menacingly, "better than a rape driven demon!" Zane scoffed and I just shrugged at the remark, more worried about what was going on with Azaila, "is she dead?" I asked timidly. Azaila's skin was pale and her breathing had ceased. I felt like it was impossible for her to be alive. My throat closed and warm tears made their way down my cheek.

"What spell did she cast, do you remember Luke?" she asked quickly, hope filling her voice. I nodded my head, "It was, uh, something like dusk and dawn meeting. Uh, and Death ruling with life in his hand." 

Her body stilled, "That spell, it's a powerful one. It's not even in the most advanced book. Only the most powerful know."   Zane and I looked at each other and I held my breathe for a  moment before Zane and I asked the same question in unison, "what does it mean?"

She sighed deeply, "It means you boys better get ready to fight, especially if you love her. She sacrificed herself to Lucifer. I don't know what she sacrificed herself for, but with the power she just handed over to Lucifer he's going to come to this earth. And there will be war."

My heart was pounding rapidly, I wasn't sure how we were going to fight a whole army of demons, but I would do anything for Azaila. Zane spoke slowly, "I'm not fighting against my own kind. I will protect her, but I will not willingly fight." 

I held my breathe expecting Azaila's mom to explode. "You can keep guard of her body, but do not let any harm come upon her. Luke you will guard her too."

Me? guard her? hell no! I was going to go out there and fight to my lifes end to bring her back. I was not about to sit around and wait for a miracle to happen. "No, i'm going to fight," I said firmly. Her mother glared at me, "There is no opt-"  

"I'll stay with her," Rea said, surprising all of us. I noticed the room was in total silence. I stared at her, wondering how long she had been listening in, wondering what she knew. She was confident and the look on her face showed that there was no compromise in her statement. Azaila's mom sighed heavily, "I don't want you involved in this hunny, I love you almost as much as my daughter."  Rea stepped closer to all of us, "And I also love her and you, I will not let harm come to her. Just because i'm human, does not mean I am weak."

I looked to Zane and he was staring intensely at his mother, holding an uncomfortable stance. Rea looked at him, "And I did not know that my own son was a demon, let alone an incubus. I am dissapointed that he has kept such a huge matter away from me. Nonetheless he will help me guard her, knowing that his life may very well end by the end of this."