Chapter 5

A/N: remember this is in Luke's POV. Just thought I'd remind you so that you don't get confused. Also! I'm posting a new story, "Kiss of a Killer", so please check it out when I get it up! Thanks everyone, enjoy the chapter! :)

---------------________-----------------

Azaila had turned the demons attention to herself. Although it gave me a chance to recover, I still felt the anger quiver through my body. I watched the demons approach her and there was no way in hell(like the pun? Lol) I was going to let them lay one nasty finger on her. I stood strong and called on my inner power. I felt my body begin to heat up as the power inside me stirred. In seconds the power released with an intensity greater than any thing I've ever felt. The world around me was blinding as the holy vapor released upon the demons and their cries brought pleasure to me as I watched the cloud of vapor dissolve every disgusting inch of them.

The demons were gone and I felt relieved when I heard the gulp of breath from Azaila. I rushed to her side to look over her body for possible wounds. Near her body her dress was crumpled on the ground. That's when I realized that the only thing that covered her fair skin was lacey undergarments that fit to her curvy figure perfectly. Damn demons. I was fighting away the desire at my groins and tried to focus on her face. I forced my eyes to stay there, her face was heating up and she scrambled to the dress to hold it close to her body. I finally met her eyes.

The fear in her eyes were evident, I just hoped her fear hadn't been caused by me.

"W-what happened?" She stammered nervously. Her voice was full of fear and vulnerablility. I definitely preferred her stubbornness. At least she didn't sound so weak then, I cherished her strong personality.

"They're gone," I replied stiffly. My body turned away from her subconsciously. No matter how cold the action seemed, I felt rejected and I didn't like that feeling. "Get dressed," I said stonily. Even though I wanted to protect her, I was enraged of the fact that she was scared of me! I would never hurt her and I had hoped she trusted that. I guess she didn't though, and that was embarrassing enough.

I heard her distinct movements as she struggled to dress, most likely because her frail body was shaking lightly. I could almost smell her fear.

"I'm not scared," she said softly, "just surprised."

The tightness in my chest loosened up and I turned to face her. Her hand had reached out to touch me, and she did so lightly, and her eyes were trained on me. I could still feel her fear, but I still slid my hand around her small waist and pulled her closer to me. Her other hand found my shoulder and rested there. She closed her eyes and I realized just how long her lashes were, then I leaned in to kiss her on those perfect peachy pink lips.

"Azaila?" A voice spoke out. A male one. The voice interrupted our moment and she turned and her body relaxed when she caught sight of the demon boy. The son of incubus. She rushed toward the boy and she said his name in such an affectionate way it pissed me off. I noticed the boy was glaring hard at me, he seemed to have no interest in her until her arms wrapped around his shoulder blades. His lips curved into a smirk. The sex demon could sense my jealous, so why would he not hold on to her a little longer? Why would he not sneak his hand down her back a little longer? My head was spinning and anger and a pressure was building in my chest. I bit down on my lip hard enough to make it bleed to hold myself back. I wanted to reach out and strangle the pervert, but I could not for the sake of Azaila.

"Azaila! Get away from that demon!" I heard myself shout in anger, although I didn't realize that I was going to say it.

Her eyes met mine and I knew that she would not trust my opinion of this guy. Her eyes were pleading. She wanted me to leave him be, my guess says my body must of looked as tense as I felt.

"I'm sorry Luke," she replied softly and looked away from me.

"He took your memories and cast you in to hell! How do you trust him?!" I shouted in frustration.

I saw her forehead crinkle as if she we're trying hard to dig something up to the surface, but then I saw pain fill her eyes directly after her attempt. His blocks must be powerful. Usually if a human knew they were missing a memory(only few do) they could dig it up easily. This one, though, caused her pain when she tried. It pained me to see her expression so defeated. "I can't remember," she said, frustration filling her own voice.

I sighed, "of course you can't, that's what erased means. He stole the memory and then dumped you here."

She looked up at him questioningly and I was sickened by the reassuring smile he gave her. "What do you even know about me?" Zane sneered.

"That you're a demon!" I quickly retorted.

"And what does that prove? She's a witch! Does that make-"

I cut him off, pissed at his almost implication, anger filling my voice, "she is the balance between good and evil! Don't ever try to confuse that, but you, you are just plain evil!"

He stepped away from Azaila and made his way toward me. He stopped a hands length away from me and his anger was just as obvious as mine, my hand curled into a ball as his face made it's way to my ear to whisper menacing words. Words that made my next act very justified.

"Then what are you?"