Chapter 2

For the next two months I decided that I would try to ignore my feelings and avoid Zane. It was the answer to this little dilemma I seemed to be having. Our mothers wedding was only a week away and I wasn't about to take away my mother's happiness. I had never seen her glow with such obvious joy before.

My mother had asked Zane and I to help with some of the decorations, since the wedding was going to be in our backyard. We were to string up pretty pink lilies through the fence. It is a very beautiful space, filled with blossoming dog tree's and smooth, green grass.

"Azaila," Zane spoke quietly.

My eyes met his for the first time in days and I felt the butterflies spark back to life in the pit of my stomach.

"Are you avoiding me?" He asked curiously.

I mean, was it that obvious? My chest started to bubble with anxiety and I shook my head and replied quickly, "let's just get this done."

His eyes told me he didn't want to drop the subject, but he just sighed and we finished decorating the white, wooden fence that surrounded our small 2 acre yard.

He kept with in reaching distance of me and touched me just slightly every so often, it was driving me completely nuts. Even with his shirt on I could tell his build was slightly muscular and I could see the strength in his hands as he worked carefully with the decorations. I began to imagine those same hands caressing me gently and his lips tracing kisses down to my should leaving a tingling sensation behind every kiss. I imagined his hands fumbling with my dress clasp to slide off my short, white dress and discover the black lacy underwear underneath. I could just feel his kisses continues down my breasts, ever so softly, and follow down my hip bones where he would teasingly kiss me through my panties.

"Azaila?" Zane spoke worriedly.

I stated at him, while breathing heavily, feeling my face become really hot.

"I-I'm so sorry, I-I was thinking about my math test coming up. I'm pretty worried about it," I finished in a rush.

His golden eyes trained on me for just a moment and he shrugged absently. I felt a sigh of relief release through my slightly parted lips. Hopefully quiet enough that he didn't notice.

"I'm, uh, gonna go to the store. See you later!" I said quickly and rushed off into the cool spring evening.

On my way back home from the store I immediately realized that it had gotten a lot later than I had anticipated. I only meant to stay at the book store for a short time, but I was too embarrassed to go back and face Zane or our mothers after my wild imagination carried me away like that. I felt guilty for imagining my soon-to-be step brother in such a dirty, sexy, way. Wait, no, not sexy. I meant weird. Damn, my mind can't shut my body up, can it?

Out of the corner of my eye I glimpsed a dark movement. I felt a panic rise in my throat and I started to move faster. I grabbed for my cellphone, but the small pocket in my dress was empty. I left in such a rush, I must've dropped. Hell, I wish I wasn't such a horny mess, maybe I could have actually saved myself from this. I continued to scold my self even as my pace quickened. Suddenly, I was pushed roughly against a tree.

I tried to fight his grip, but it was too strong. His body was right against me, tight and still. His lips brushed my ear softly and I could smell the familiar cologne of Zane. Zane?! Why the hell was Zane pinning me against a damn tree in the middle of the night? I mean, even though I like to imagine erotic things with him doesn't mean they can actually happen, right?

His breath was hot and slowed against my ear as he whispered the words that changed my life, "you're a witch."