Chapter 6

I could not control the power behind my fist as it smashed into Zane's very welcoming face. I felt my skin crash against his bone and felt a slight cracking that was barely audible.

"Better than you," I snarled at him.

I heard Azaila's soft cry and regained some control of myself. She rushed to his side and was tending to him gently. I took in the scene and realized that he had staged this. He knew which buttons to push and he knew how to play with her emotions. My chest tightened up and my stomach turned.

"Are you okay?" She kept asking him. He smiled at her sweetly and I had to fight the urge to growl at him. A shiver ran down my spine as she looked at me. Her eyes were careful and I could see the anxiety reflecting there. I turned from her, I couldn't bare to think about what her eyes told me.

I started to walk away and I could hear his sweet whispers and her light giggles. I felt more devastated than angry. He was going to have her and that would kill her. Maybe I had made a mistake. Protecting her? I mean, what was I thinking?! The girl is trying to get herself killed! Feeling that much affection for a demon was dangerous.

"Luke, you don't have to go," her soft voice was weary. I didn't turn to look at her, if I did, I wouldn't be able to go.

"Yes, I do," I said firmly.

I could hear her breathing speed up, but she did not move and I did not stop making my way deeper into the luscious green forest.

Azaila

--------------------____-------------------

Even though his sudden anger had scared me I did not want him to go. My heart was threatening to jump out of my chest and follow him. I felt safe with him, I just didn't know how to react to all of the power he retained.

I felt strong arms wrap around my waist and Zane's leaned into my shoulder, "it's okay, I'll protect you," he said softly. I nodded, but I could not take my eyes off of Luke as he walked further into the forest. "Will he be okay?" I asked, surprising myself.

Zane's arms held me tighter and his body tensed. "He will be fine," he said coldly.

I felt Zane's lips lightly kiss my shoulder and a shiver ran through my body. He continued to kiss me, making a path to my neck and my body responded automatically and made it easier for him to continue. A moan escaped my lips and heat rose to my face as he grinded against me roughly. I turned to face him and kissed him slowly, savoring every second. His hands made their way to the zipper holding up my dress and unzipped me. The dress fell to the ground and he took in every inch of my body before pulling me close to him and groping my breasts. I let my own hands find their way under his shirt and lifted it above his head.

He unhooked my bra and he rubbed me through my panties. My hands were starting to shake from pleasure as I fumbled with the zipper of his jeans. His mouth found his way to my nipples and he sucked on them, producing a deep moan from me. I finally got his pants unzipped, but I was struggling to focus on getting them off.

I pushed him away from me, giving myself a second to breathe. That second was all I needed to gather my thoughts and realize I didn't want this to happen. He started toward me again and I picked up my dress to cover myself and I backed against the tree behind me, "no," I said weakly.

His eyes watched me carefully and I could see the amusement dancing across his face, "no? I don't play games Azaila," he said in a sarcastic tone. He moved against me and I struggled to free myself from his strong grip. He forced my panties down and was going to enter himself into me.

"Get the HELL away from her," I heard Luke's voice filled with anger. Zane's body was forced away from me and my legs gave and I fell to my knees, realizing that I was crying.

I slid the dress over my body quickly and I stood. Luke was throwing punches at Zane and Zane was dodging them effortlessly. I ran toward the two of them and knocked Zane to the side. "No!" I screamed and then shouted a short poem that came to my head

--Darkness and light

Meant to balance

Never to fight--

Zane's body stilled and Luke fell to his knees. His jaw tensed and his eyes were sad, "he tried to hurt you," he said in a defeated tone. I moved closer to him.

I smiled, "even if you're my guardian angel, you can't just act like that under an assumption. I let him do that to me. It was my fault."

His eyes turned dark, "you were screaming at him, tell him to stop. That was NOT your fault!"

Zane laughed quietly, "Azaila, he'll never understand. Come with me."

I stood and went back to Zane's side. "I'm sorry Luke, I just need to get home."

Luke stood strong and I could see the rage in his eyes and the anger in the way that his body tensed, "that bastard just tried to take advantage of you and now you're following him home!? He a monster!"

Zane stepped in front of me, "and you're just a fallen angel!"

Luke stepped back and his face fell.

"That can't be right," I said softly, "he's my guar-"

"Guardian angel?" Zane snickered, "he lied to you, he was cast from heaven because he had fallen in love with a mortal woman."

I looked at Luke and stared at him in disbelief. His blue eyes met mine and I felt my chest clench, I had trusted him. Warm tears made their way down my cheeks.

"It was you," Luke said softly.