The End is Near

Eric Family's Mansion – Winter 1899

Charlie was just sketching a small drawing of Edgar on a small notebook he had, he was trying hardly to distress. That night was being terrible for the small man; he thought it couldn't be worse... Until he noticed the Raven was on the window, looking at him with a serious face.

He stood up and went to the Raven's direction "H-hello..." The young man said, feeling a bit nervous. The Demon "sat" on the air, while the soft wind coming from outside made the room get cold like a freezer "Hello, little Charlie. I'm here to warn you about something" he said, as serious as never. The lad felt even more nervous, his brown skin got pale. The Raven held Charlie's face, making the small man face him "Tonight you're going to have a little visit that's not from me. I recommend you to stay close to your little friends before SHE comes"

Charlie felt his eyes getting watery "L-Lennor is coming...? How...?" He asked while his legs were shaking. The Raven let the small man go and kept floating in front of him, laying on the air "She'll have a serious talk to you. You've done a great mess, naughty boy" He said poking Charlie's nose. "I haven't done anything... Please... I'm afraid..."

"Hey, I'm not a guardian angel. I'm not good at protecting people." The Raven said, smiling widely "I'm only here to watch some mortal souls beg for mercy" He said laughing evilly and turning into his bird form "Just be careful, little boy. She'll make a mess in you tonight"

Midnight

Charlie was walking through the giant mansion of his family, deeply worried. He was afraid that Lennor would appear in front of him in any moment, so he walked a bit faster than usual to the room Edgar was. He knew that the writer could protect him from something. Or at least keep the young lad some good company.

Why...? Edgar is such a gentle and kind man... He doesn't deserve to have such evil spirit over him... Surely when Lennor was alive she wouldn't be cruel as she is as a ghost but... She shouldn't do that to him... He doesn't deserve it...

Charlie stopped for a minute

I never felt so worried about someone before... I didn't even worry about myself so much as I do to him...

The young lad felt his cheeks blushing hardly I can't see it as something wrong... I like him and he seems to like me as well... We both saved each other... Ok Charlie, cool down for a bit... He saved YOU, and you're still need to destroy that ghost if you want to save him. Charlie's mind was confused into all the feelings and thoughts he had.

Charlie felt a cold wind behind him, he felt his body shivering and his mind felt disturbed. He didn't notice when his blue sapphire eyes became misty and lifeless. He looked in front him and began to walk, almost without a path to follow.

The young lad didn't know what was happening, his mind was blank and he could only feel the wish to go outside, and feel the cold wind of the snowstorm. He was feeling tempted to enter on the snow and never get out.

As the small man went outside, he felt the cold wind against his face and clothing. He stopped the walk as voice in his mind came. Why keep going with this life? Do you really think your brother will ever change? Do you think you can help that man you met a little while ago? No, you can't.

Charlie looked at the snow in front of him and some flashes of when he was a child came to his mind, of when he was just a lonely tot, lost in the middle of the snow and the cold You can't do anything to help him. He doesn't like you as you think he does. Nobody loves you, Charlie. Neither him nor your brother. You're just a little toy in this game. But don't worry I know how you can end with your suffering. I know how you can set yourself free... You just have to...