Family Issues

Edgar and Charlie walked through downtown. The Library wasn't so far, soon they'd be there. The writer looked around, the other houses seemed simple, the city was small and aparently that Charlie's family was the richest and most influential there. The writer noticed people around where looking at them, especially to Charlie. The younger seemed a bit uncomfortable, walking and looking at the floor. The younger sighed "I'm not used to walk around the city... People know about me..."

"You stay the whole day in that mansion then?" Edgar asked, feeling a bit sad. Charlie nodded "I don't usually go not even to Ed's Show... Most of the time I spend in my family's house." The younger tried to smile "But I don't think this is something bad... Edward takes care of me on his free time and he is always gentle to me." He said, trying hard to hide a sad tone on his voice.

"Freak!" Somebody yelled right behind them. They looked behind and could only see a group of boys laughing "You're nothing but a toy! You're should come back to your cage!" One of them screamed. Charlie felt his eyes getting watery, but he turned and kept walking, Edgar was surprised and angry, he didn't want to let them do such a thing to Charlie and run away without any punishment. He looked at Charlie again and followed him "Aren't you going to say anything? They can't treat you like that!" Edgar said.

Charlie looked at the older "Don't worry. It's ok." He said, as he walked a bit faster "We are getting close of the Library"

They got on the place, and entered on the Library's building. Thomas was in there and saw the others getting in. He opened his eyes widely in surprise as he saw Charlie, he thought that he'd never see him again; the old man looked around, he had no idea of what to do.

"H-hello there... W-w-welcome to the Eric's... Library..." He said, with trembling voice. Charlie educated nodded "It's great to come back here after so long." He said, with a small smile on his fleshy lips. Thomas nodded, but still feeling nervous. He looked at Edgar and recognized him. "You know him, sir?" He asked. Edgar nodded but kept the silence. "He's a newcomer and will stay with me and Edward for a while." Charlie said, on his calm and educated tone of voice.

"And what brought you here, little Charlie?" The old man asked.

Charlie took from his pocket the paper the Raven gave him "I need to translate this. Could you help us, please?" He said as he gave the small paper to his step-uncle. Thomas took a pair of glasses out of his suit and tried to read the small letters. Edgar felt a bit surprised So he is also the translator of this place...? This family loves to surprise me with unexpected things...

Thomas felt a bit afraid of what was written on the paper "Charlie... Where did you get this?" The old man asked, looking at the younger. "Well... I can say that its content has some answers for doubts hauntingn my friend here for a pretty long while. What's written on it?" The young lad knew that the old man surely was shocked by the content, but telling him that a demon gave them the paper wouldn't be an appropriated answer and surely Thomas would only get away in fear, not helping them.

"It's writing... The key is in the one who keeps her. The only one she ever loved is her weakness. Forgetting her, forgetting the sadness, it'll set his soul free, and she will fade, going to the place she should be since the beginning. This and nothing more." Thomas read, a bit hesitating, he knew that something very bad and evil was behind that text.

Charlie heard the words carefully. Only one she loved... Forgetting her and the sadness... The young lad looked at Edgar Maybe it is talking about Edgar. Surely she keeps him with a few memories, so he couldn't remember about the curse, but of what happened before all of this began... She's using him... He took the paper back. "Thank you, Thomas. This is the answers I've been looking for. Thank you really much" He said, smiling. Thomas tried to smile as well. "Umm... Charlie... Before you go..." The old man said, feeling some sweat running through his forehead. The younger looked at him, waiting for him to keep going.