Chapter 4- Back to School Fun

Bailee shivered in her bed. She flipped over her pillow to get that cold side satisfaction, only to find it chilling. The clock read three a.m. You could hear her mumble a few words before flipping over on her back to stare at the ceiling. "I can't do this. It's too quiet."

Bailee jumped up to turn on the lamp. She turned on the television to fill in the silence. Looking over to the other bed, she sighed. She got up from her bed and pulled on her boots. As she walked down the hallways, Bailee observed them. "This base sure is fancy. It looks like I'm in a hotel. Where was his room again?" She stopped in front of a door that looked broken.

"Hey Matt!" Bailee pounded on the door.

"Yes mom?" Matt opened the door rolling his eyes, "Why so loud? Gosh Bailee are you trying to wake up the entire building."

"No I'm just bored," Bailee laughed, "You are entertaining to watch so."

"You decided to beat up my door, yeah thanks." Matt walked back into his room.

Bailee smiled and walked inside. It was exactly like hers, but Matt created his special mess of things. He had a bunch of controllers on the floor. The television was on. The screen had a big 'GAME OVER' blinking on and off.

"I couldn't sleep either." Matt pulled on a hoodie. Bailee jumped on to Eve's bed. She noticed a note on the pillow.

"What's this?" She held it up in Matt's face.

"N-nothing. Give it back!"

"Oh heck nah." Bailee teared it open. "I'm.....glad you came back! Awe that's so sweet Matt."

"It's just a note welcoming her back. Nothing more." Matt mumbled.

Bailee held her cheesy grin and picked up a remote. She crinkled her noise, "Ew! Clean these will ya!"

"Yes mom. Hey Bailee do you remember how I got to the base?"

"Yeah we flew in a helicopter. How could you forget that epic adventure?" Bailee button mashed as quickly as possible.

Matt did some combos dodging the attacks, "No I mean the other base. You know the one Pip Mc mental blew up."

"Um, I don't. I assumed you just transferred from another base like every other new student we get. Why do you ask? Did you loose your memory?"

"No- no I just wanted to know if you knew. That's all."

"Dang I was hoping you wouldn't remember how to use your mega."

"Oh shoot! Is it charged up already." He hit both bumpers.

Bailee threw her remote, "Why am I a blabber mouth! Ugh!"

"So blondie is actually-" Eve slapped her face, "No that can't be him. I'm delusional already." Eve walked to the entrance of the shack. She pushed the door open. Once the loud creak was over, she peaked inside. There was the canvas right in front of her. She walked cautiously up to it. Eve felt goose bumps tingle her arm as a cold breeze washed over her. Her eyes landed on the matches Blondie must of used to light the fire. She struck one and put it in front of the canvas.

Eve gasped and the match fell to the floor. Logan. True that it was him, but much younger. His face was more round. His eyes were watery. Although it was a painting, Eve could have sworn she saw a slight quiver in his lips. He looked vulnerable and scared. No lie, Blondie's painting was marvelous.

Eve sniffed the air. It smelt like burning wood. Oh it's just the fire. Wait wasn't the fire put out! Eve looked down. The tiny match lit a tiny fire on the floor. Eve stomped it out. "Gosh I'm about to burn myself alive."

Eve looked out the window. The sun was finally rising through thick puffy clouds. She decided to follow Blondie. "Maybe it was him, but shouldn't he be at the base?" Eve walked into the neighborhood again. The sun was slowly rising. It was a few hours before Eve heard a door open. Blondie wore a white uniform. A bag hung over his shoulder as he walked out. "Is he going to school?"

He continued to walk down the sidewalk. Eve just stared at him, which totally didn't look stalk- ish at all. He flipped his blonde hair back and looked down at her. Eve held her gaze with him. He scoffed and looked away. He continued to walk down towards a bus stop. That's definitely him.

Eve ran over to the bus stop. Silence fell again. Had he seen me outside the shack? Is he still shook over the painting? Eve noticed how he kept bushing his hair back. Then kept pulling his hair in his face too. Yup, still shook.

Hiss! A giant red bus pulled up to the bus stop. Blondie stepped in. Eve hesitated at first but stepped in too. The kids instantly started to whisper. Blondie sat in the front with some friends. Eve had no choice but to sit in the back with the loud kids. Gosh I forgot how to socialize.

At the front, Eve could see one of Blondie's friends whispering in his ear. Blondie turned around, and they made eye contact again. Eve looked down at her clothes and blushed. Great I forgot there's a uniform. I must stand out so much.

The bus stopped in front of a regular school. There wasn't anything special except the thousands of kids walking in white. Eve spotted the blond hair in the crowd and started to make her way through the sea of children.

Someone yanked her hoodie, "Now that's not proper Angel attire. Where's your student uniform ."

"I- I'm new." Eve starred at her bleach blonde hair. She had pounds of makeup on, but she looked familiar.

"Oh dear! I'm so sorry. I'm Penny, student council representative. Here follow me to the office, and I can fix you right up." She pulled Eve back into the crowd and to an office. "Wait right here while I see what class you're in."

"Wait no-"

"Ah here you are! English room 4." She walked around the counter. She handed Eve a uniform.

"T-thanks, I guess."

Penny smirked, "If you need anything, give me a call." She strut out of the office.

"Did she just strut out of here. Whatever let's just hope Blondie's in that class."