20 A Night to Remember Part II

Start from the beginning

His dad smiles proudly at his son too, "She sounds nice. Tell me more about her, son..."

"She works as a chef, so she's good in cooking... She's good in painting too..." Jungkook glances at his dad, suddenly he regrets to tell his father about this. But what to do, he's already spilling the tea about her to his dad.

"A chef? That's unexpected. Dad is curious right now."

Jungkook gives him a small smile. "Dad, it's getting late. We need to sleep. You need to sleep." He stands up, picking up the cans in his hands. His dad is standing up too, patting his back once again. His dad walks to his room as Jungkook throws the cans into trash bin. After he's done, Jungkook walks to Rosé 's room but he notices his dad is still in front of the room.

"Goodnight, dad." Jungkook smiles to his dad, he's about to enter the room but his dad calls him out of sudden. "Son..." Jungkook turns around to face him, "Yes, dad?" Jungkook lifts one of his eyebrows.

"If you really love her... Confess to her soon before someone takes her away from you." his dad smiles to him as Jungkook nods his head slightly, "Good luck." his dad raises a thumb at him, entering his room seconds later.

Jungkook enters the room, looking at Rosé as he sits behind her. "If only I can do it right now..." he mumbles slowly, staring at her back. An alarm rings inside him as he notices Rosé turn her body around, and she's looking back at him, "Jungkook... you didn't sleep?" she asks him, her voice is deeper and husky since she just woke up.

Jungkook averts his gaze immediately, "Uh, kinda..."

Rosé chuckles at him as she sits up, hugging her knees as she stares at him, "Aren't you tired? You should sleep." She mumbles at him. Jungkook glances at her, a faint smile decorates his face as suddenly what his father told him comes into his mind. "If you really love her... Confess to her soon before someone takes her away from you."

"Uh, Chaeyoung?" he calls her.

"You didn't call me Chaeng? Are you upset with me again?" she asks him.

Jungkook chuckles at her, trying to make an eye contact with her, "No, of course. I'm just being serious right now." he says at her. Her eyes twinkle as she moves closer to him, putting a pillow on her lap. She looks excited as she asks, "And may I know why are you getting serious? Did your parent tell you something?"

Jungkook blushed for a moment before he shifts himself to face her, "Yeah, they did tell me something." he says in gentle voice. "What is it, Jungkook?" she puts her chin in her palm, staring at him with her doe like eyes.

"They want me to go back home." he says at her.

The twinkle in her eyes is gone instantly. She straightens herself slowly and her face creates a visible disappointment wrinkles. Jungkook is feeling bad for told her something like this. "And you're... Do you want to go back?" she asks him.

Jungkook looks away for a moment, "I can't decide it yet." he stares back at her.

"Why?" Rosé asks him softly, almost sounds like a whisper.

Jungkook sighs out, "If I go, how about you? Who will protect you from Yugyeom?" he asks her. Rosé feels a small smile on her face but she gets rid of it immediately. She lets out a small laugh.

"Don't you worry about me. I'll be fine." she answers him although she knows that she's lying to herself. She knows it won't be fine if Jungkook went away from the house.

Jungkook pushes his tongue at his inner cheek, "Last time you said you'll be fine, I found Jisoo-ssi slapped me because she thought I'm the one who hurt you..." he says to her.