²³ | a f t e r w o r d

Magsimula sa umpisa

Raneem held her breath. He was right of course. Touching each other so intimately should have soiled her if anyone else ever knew. And besides, the tradition of not seeing each other did not make sense. At least to the both of them.

"I am way past caring what anyone else might think at this moment," he whispered at her ear, his breath sending illicit messages between her thighs. He sighed and her knees almost gave way as his breath touched her neck intimately. "How about you?"

Raneem bit her lower lip holding back a gasp as Zane's teeth bit gently at her ear and held them there without moving. By the gods! The elf was driving all her sensibilities off her mind! That small act was enough to make her feel her wetness build up.

"Damn, Raneem..." he breathed as his mouth moved to nibble. "You smell so amazing...making me lose control so quickly."

She whimpered. She was not even doing anything and he already felt that way? Maybe it was his mating instincts for the year talking? She had to be the voice of reason. They could wait a few more hours.

"Zane...people might see us..." she struggled the words out trying to keep her head straight. They were not yet married...officially.

He pulled away from her and smirked. "I ought to silence you." He pulled the string holding the curtain and it came undone dimming the room as the curtain covered the light source. "I did not want to do this with such a dim light but it is better than nothing."

Raneem opened her mouth to protest but Zane stayed true to his word and silenced her with his. Her legs gave way, only to be held up by his strong arms.

Whatever she was about to say was gone from her mind. Nothing existed but Zane hungry kisses, his arm around her, his hand caressing her neck and his hard body pressed against her. She moaned feeling his chest crush her breasts and his bulge poke at her stomach.

He pulled away and though she felt completely light-headed, she noticed that he was breathing as hard as she was. She did not know where he got his strength, but hers was surely gone and she could only rely on him for support.

"I am truly desperate now, love. Please..."

Raneem reached up and ran her fingers through his hair and traced his ear. He rewarded her with a primal groan, but held himself steady, waiting for her answer. She felt warmth flood her at his actions. Despite everything, he still respected her decisions and his problematic year wrenched her heart. She wanted to give Zane everything.

"I believe we are as good as married. It is only a ceremony."

Zane lips broke into a wicked smile. "For your first time, I will be gentle with you. But after this, love, you will know exactly how I like it during these years. And perhaps, you will as well. I promise, I am gentler in my more normal years."

She felt her face flush, but somehow, even the hidden danger in his tone failed to make her afraid or embarrassed. Whatever promise his words held, she held onto it with anticipation. She wanted him to show her what it was like to be loved and to be loved completely, emotionally and physically.

Raneem smiled up at him as his knuckles stroke her cheek still waiting. "I trust you completely with everything, my lord."

He smiled tracing a finger on her lips and in the heat of the moment, took it in her mouth and sucked on it. She felt the ache between her legs grow stronger and apparently, she was not the only one as Zane lifted her leg to his hips with a growl and tore at her robe. Strangely, she felt no desire to hide herself nor feel embarrassed as he perused her body with hungry eyes.

"So beautiful..." he breathed.

Zane laved and sucked at her newly exposed flesh, quite savagely. She knew that they would leave their mark for quite a while. Her hands went on their own journey across his body, noting the taut muscles on his back, his arms and his sides.