1. The Second Wedding - ITS

@estradaLove said:

Very heartwarming story... could you do bonus chapter for when they actually had the 2nd wedding with family... and maybe more hilarious moments of Jack and Emma...

Rating: Non-mature

* * *

Emmaline Donnahue's POV

I looked down at my finger, where my engagement ring and wedding band should be resting and rubbed the empty spot casually.

It was strange but in a few hours, both rings would be back on my finger. Jack had certainly gone for the tasteful route when he presented me with a simple but yet gorgeous elegant engagement ring the night he proposed.

Since then, I had not taken it off. Until now.

Abruptly, the door slammed open and I couldn't help but crack a smile at the sight of my brother being pushed away by my sister-in-law as she entered the room.

"I came to say that everything is finally perfect and that you look beautiful," Gwennie announced as she held a clipboard. Staring at it, I didn't know if I should have taken her seriously when she had declared herself as the wedding planner for our wedding. Of course Jack could have protested and argued against it till he turned blue in the face, but there was no way anyone could have stopped Gwendolyn Richmond neé Donnahue from getting her way.

"I'm surprised that you're not freaking out," my brother commented and I raised an eyebrow quizzically. "Theo, Jack and I are already married," I pointed out. "This is just our second wedding because we eloped on the first."

Theo rolled his eyes before picking absentmindedly at his suit. "I know that. It's just brides are normally termed as 'bridezillas' for a reason Emmy. But I should've known you wouldn't fall into that stereotypical category."

"Thanks, Theo," I replied dryly before turning to Gwennie who was examining my dress critically. "I'm surprised Em. The suggestion you gave to the designer is surprisingly good. The lace does bring out the ivory of the dress. Maybe you could consider a career in fashion instead," she complimented and smiled beatifically.

Ever since I had been officially introduced as Jack's girlfriend to his family, I was a lot closer with his sister and sister-in-laws especially Isadora, despite the minor conflict that we had in the earlier stages of my relationship with Jack.

I had found that under their tough exterior, they were extremely warm and caring towards people they cared about. And as Jack's girlfriend, they had extended that familial-like bond towards me and to both Theo and Ella. Words could never describe the feeling of having a larger family. One that cared and loved you for you. It didn't hurt that now, Ella had playmates in the form of Jack's niece and nephews.

"It's alright, I prefer my job at the museum, besides fashion really isn't my thing."

I stood up and both Gwennie and Theo turned silent as they stared at me in my wedding dress. The ivory dress had a halter-neck style and was form fitting till mid-thigh before flaring out slightly and ended at my feet. Detailed silver lace was sewn onto the outer layer of the dress, bringing out the soft ivory colour. My hair was gathered into a loose chignon held by a silver diamante with a few tendrils framing my face.

"Emmy," Theo breathed out as he took me in. "You look beautiful."

"Oh my god," Gwennie gasped before smirking. "How my brother ever got you to marry him is beyond me." She took out her pen and checked off something off her list on her clipboard. Amused, I reached out for it and scanned the list, a smile playing on my lips as I noted that everything was crossed off like flowers, food, band and so on.