Chapter 17

Pete's POV

I jumped up hearing the door bell go off. I looked across to see Meagan still heavily asleep on the other side of the bed. I got up and slipped shorts on. It was almost 10:30, why was someone at me door? Before I walked out I took one last glance at the bed to make sure the woman was still asleep.

I quietly tip toed down the stairs making my way to the door. I got to the door and looked out the peep hole to make sure there was no paparazzi there. "Fuck" I whispered under my breath and swung open the door.

"Hey." Paige halfheartedly smiled to me and I stood there peeking my head out.

"Hi, what are you doing here you know it's Saturday right?" I asked her scratching my head.

"Yeah, I just wanted to clear things up. May I come in?" I slowly opened the door not wanting her to find out I had sex with a woman I didn't know just to forget about her.

"Thanks." She smiled and I just nodded walking behind her into the kitchen. She sat on a stool and I walked to my fridge and got two glasses of orange juice for us.

"You want anything else Paige?" She shook her head sliding her glass back and forth across the counter top.

"So what is it that you wanted to talk about?" I asked her leaning my torso on the counter top looking at Paige.

"I'm really sorry Pete. I don't know what got into me." She blurted out.

"It's my fault anyway, I shouldn't have kissed you. You were vulnerable and I used you."

"That's not true." She said grabbing my hand at smiling her beautiful teeth at me.

"How is it not?" I almost yelled it because I felt so bad about last night. This was all just a mess that and I fucked it all up.

"Well, to be honest I wanted you to kiss me. I really like you Pete and I came here today to ask you for a second chance. I wanted to but it just felt wrong, and after going home and thinking about it I realized that I want nothing more than to be with you. I really am sorry for flipping out and I hope you forgive me." She just gave me a puppy dog look and it broke my heart knowing that a woman is upstairs in my bed. I feel like I cheated on the beautiful woman in front of me, why did I have to go to that bar?

Paige leaned into me from across the counter with her lips almost touching mine. She looked up into my eyes and I just sat there emotionless. I was torn, should I kiss her or wait until I get rid of Meagan? This is all fucked up.

She started leaning closer and I could feel her warm lips in mine but I didn't dare kiss her back yet. I felt her warm breath when we were interrupted.

*
Paige's POV

I heard creaking down the steps and I jumped back onto my seat and turned to the stairs. I looked to find a tall, skinny woman walking down the stairs in nothing but Peter's Metallica shirt that was to big for her. She looked over to me and gave me a dirty look.

She turned to the man of the house "She looks a little young for you." She snarled at me and walked up and seductively bit Pete's earlobe. She walked behind him and grabbed his waist resting her head on his shoulder.

She stared at me and evil smile, like she planned on ruining my life and by the looks of it she just has. I felt my face start to hear up and my throat started to burn while I tried to keep to tears down. "I see I interrupted something, I'll see you next week with the boys I guess." Pete sat there speechless with his mouth open, he looked sad. I got up from the seat tears rolling down my face and I could her the woman laughing after me.

I jumped into my car and I started crying harder. I backed up my car so I could turn around when I almost ran over Pete.

He ran up to my open window and poked his head in, "Its not what it looks like I swear. Please let me explain." I looked over to see his eyes watering and it made my heart break even more.

"I have to go, I'm sorry I came here."

"But I'm not!" He grabbed my face and kissed me but I slowly started to press on the gas warning him I was going to go. He let go of my lips and backed up standing in my dust flying from behind the car. "PAIGE!" He was screaming after me but I just kept going.

*
Pete's POV

What the fuck have I done. I sat on my porch steps with my head in my hands and cried. I hadn't cried since me and Ashlee got a divorce, I think tears are long over due. I sat in my lawn crying.

------
Sorry another short chapter.
Please comment and vote! Thank you guys so much for the reads I appreciate more than anything!

-Faith