Chapter 5

The smile I had on my face was unreal. I'm pretty sure my face looked like one of those china dolls with overly happy smiles painted on my face. If I didn't move my face soon, I am almost positive I would forever have this dumb ass smile plastered on me.

"Hey Pete!" Joe screamed. Jumping over and giving Pete a quick hug.

"Hey man." Andy said nonchalantly.

"Hey, who's this lovely lady you've got over here? Is it a new girlfriend Peter?" Patrick asked screwing around with him. I always new Pat was a charmer.

"Hi guys. Nah Patrick, she's going to be worker for us."

"You found us a replacement? And this is why you're in tho band." Andy joked.

"Hey Hurley! You wouldn't be here if it weren't for me as Joe." Pete said defensively.

Patrick laughed at them. "Well I was going to say, she looks a little you for you."

"Hey I'm almost 21." I chimed in glaring at Patrick.

"I was joking." Patrick said standing up and walking towards me. "Glad to work with you, and your name is?"

"Paige Johnson. And glad to be working with you." I shook Patricks hand and he smiled and sat back down. After the rest of the band said their greetings I sat next to Pete on a couch and took out my phone.

When I looked at my phone I saw I had 2 text messages from my best friend, Sarah.
Sarah: hey(:
Sarah: Dude where are you? I thought we were hanging out today.

I clicked on the reply button and hovered my thumb over the letters. Should I tell her I'm busy or tell the truth on this one. After a few seconds of thinking I settled on...
Paige: I can't hang out today. But have your phone ready tonight, I have to tell you something you will not believe!

I put the phone down on the couch in between me and Pete and listened to the boys talk about nonsense.

*
PETE'S POV

As me and the gang were talking Paige sat next to me on the couch awkwardly. I began thinking about wether or not I should of hired her. I just don't know if this was one of my smartest ideas. I just don't think she wants to be here. Even though I do realize this is her punishment. I should have just called the cops like most smart people. I just looked at her last night and in her eyes I saw me when I was that age. I just wished someone would have knocked some sense into me when I was younger.

Deciding wether or not I should fire her was quickly over when her phone went off. She got a text and the whole couch vibrated along with it and I couldn't help but look. I looked down and saw the name Sarah. But what was beneath it was what ended all second thoughts.

Behind that name was a picture. That picture consisted of four men. Three men that I knew very well and the fourth was me. Underneath it was a sentence that read "They didn't just save rock and roll, they saved me too." I knew she was meant to be here.

After I got that glimpse she saw me and quickly picked up her phone and threw it in her lap. I looked her in the eyes and smiled a little reassuring smile. She looked away quickly and put all of her attention on her phone but did nothing but stare.

She didn't want me to know she knows who we are. I don't know why, but I will find out. No matter what it takes ill find out what that silent girl sitting next to me is hiding.

-------
Just so everyone knows. Everything takes place right now except Pete and Meagan broke up. Also they are 5 years younger but look the same as right now. (But Bronx is the same age as right now.)

Sorry if that's confusing.
-Faith.