Family Time At the Park

I was at the park again- but this time with my family.

It was an early Saturday morning and for once, everyone was free.

My mother (unfortunately) saw this as the ideal time to do some family bonding.

So while Jared started chatting up some girls taking care of their siblings and Sofia texted some of her friends about how boring the park was, my other brothers and I took out the picnic basket and started eating.

Things were going fine until they decided to play football afterwards.

Due to my lack of coordination I opted to keep an eye on all the appliances.

Just in case, you know, a fearless gang of birds decided to steal all of our leftovers, which mainly consisted of breadcrumbs and my mothers terrible apple pie.

I wasn't going to sit around doing nothing, so I took out some homework (I was prepared) and a slice of apple pie. ( I was clearly desperate for some sustenance, as, with four huge brothers and one scrawny me, my belly was rarely filled)

While that took place, someone decided that it was the opportune moment to hit me with a volleyball.

It was a group of guys that went my school.

In order to escape the harassment that would surely come once they realised I was doing homework at the park by myself, I hurried off to the park bench and tried to ignore the dull throbbing of my head.

I was almost back into the gear of doing my homework when I felt more than heard one of the guys approaching me.

I inwardly cringed as I looked up.

"What do you want?" I asked.

The guy looked at me in surprise, "Just to ask if you wanted to play some volleyball, but it appears your busy..."

"Yeah, sorry," I said, looking back down at my homework.

"Do we go to the same school?"

"I think so...Mckenzie High?"

The guy nods, "Yep, same school, what subject is that?- History?"

"No, Spanish,"

He frowns.

"Kidding,"

He now looks confused.

People don't get my humour.

"Hey Keith!, stop talking to the crazy kid!" Someone shouted.

I'm assuming I was taliking to Keith...and that I was the crazy kid.

Keith frowns (let's hope that's really his name) and sends me a questioning look.

I nod, "It's fine, have fun,"

Keith nods and runs back to his friends as I sit there wondering if I just made a friend.

Then I think of my bad attempt at a joke.

Probably not.