Chapter Six

I stare at the gold incrusted detail on the ceiling. Mia is curled around me, running her fingers over my chest slowly. I blurt out the words before I even know it.

"We're moving tomorrow."

"What?" she asks, after a moment, not moving.

"To Stoneham Manor. Richard changed his mind."

She sits up in the darkness. Within moments, the light turns on and she's bathed in warm light, staring at me with wide eyes. She looks so young right now.

"We're leaving the palace?"

I smile, nodding, reaching for her hand. "Yes... you are happy for it, right?"

"Of course! Will we be able to bring Mrs. Ike? She's been stuck at Kensignton for so long."

"Yes, Mary will come. Daniel will too. I've already sent for them... We will have security but it will be much more toned down than living here."

She laughs, and I'm warmed by it. My decision was the right one. "Oh my god, that was- so nice of him. I wonder what made him change his mind?"

"He must have realized his wrongs," I lie, knowing the commonwealth trip isn't for another two weeks. I don't want her to be upset. I will find a time to tell her when it gets closer.

"Wow," she utters, pushing her hair from her face. My eyes appraise her bare body, enjoying my view. She bends over, kissing me deeply.

"We will be happy there," she whispers. "It will be just like France. I'm sure of it and we have Alex now. I want to make a nursery for him and now the color doesn't have to be neutral!"

She's so excited. I grin. "Hey, I want to be apart of this too."

She giggles, nodding. "This is the best news."

As she tucks her face into the crook of my arm, my eyes become plastered again to the ceiling. "I'm glad," I answer.

...

"Convince him otherwise. Emphasis how important it is to remain in England, Henry!" Harold Linely argues, slamming his hand down on the desk. I look up at him, sighing.

"Harold, I don't know what your motives are here. Or why you burst into my study at that crack of dawn but either way, he is my king and I cannot simply defy him! I am going on the trip!"

"So, this has nothing to do with Stoneham then?"

I stand up from the chair, my pulse races faster. "H-How do you know about that?"

"Richard announced it to the entire committee earlier- right before he spoke of the commonwealth trip!"

My eyes widen. Mia can't find out from someone else. "W-Who heard?"

"Why does it matter? Look, Henry, listen to me." He holds up his hand. "Your brother also had another announcement."

I sigh. "And what was it?"

"The queen is pregnant."

I nearly choke on my own words. "Nicole is pregnant?"

"Yes. Three months in."

I shake my head, in awe. And pleasantly glad for the news.

Alexander is safe now. There will be another heir, he will not have to rule.

"I'm truly surprised you didn't know first, if I'm being honest..." Harold says, his brows curved.

"I'm glad for him," I say rounding the desk, on route for the door.