Lost and Found

'Mummmmmm Eli is hitting me again' shouted 4 year old Harry, startling his very tired mum back into awareness.
"Elijah! Leave your brother alone. Just a little bit longer boys and we will stop for the night".

Holy shit we could of crashed! Bree thought to herself realizing she had been in a daze behind the wheel. I need to pull over and wake myself up.
She glanced around the dark highway looking for a place to stop and noticed a exit sign for 2 kilometers further up the highway with a petrol symbol, food and coffee symbols.
Thank God she thought, it won't be in the dark.

Pulling up she noticed a diner behind the brightly lit petrol station, with a red light flashing open 24 hours and headed to the parking area.

"Can we get out mum?" Harry asked sweetly? "Yeah baby, we're going to stop for a little while. Bree replied getting out of the car. She opened the back door and unbuckled the boys from their car seats picked up Elijah. Holding Harrys hand she headed inside.

"Hi there hun what can I get for you?"  Called a tall, perky bottle blonde from behind the counter.

Bree quickly ordered some drinks and snacks for her boys and a double shot flat white while struggling with two year old Eli who wanted to get down.

The blonde helped her to a table near the back, near a few arcade games and skill testers. She pulled a handful of tokens from her apron and smiled. "Why don't you boys try win some chocolate for your mum?" Harry ran to the machine and Eli followed.

"Thank you so much!" Bree said shocked by the blondes generosity.
"No problem hun" the blonde replied "its not often we get little ones in here and you look like you could do with a few minutes to yourself".

"I have forgotten what that feels like" Bree replied taking a long sip from her coffee and chuckling. "Is there a motel close to here?"

"Not for another hour or so but my place has a few cabins for guests just down the road, it's not fancy but it's clean"

"That sounds amazing right now! How much do you charge?" Bree asked after glancing at her phone.

"No charge, they are just used for family and friends. I'm off in 15 if you want to follow me?"

"Are you sure? I mean I am a total stranger?" Bree responded

"I have a good feeling about you. My name is Annie"

"I am Bree and my boys are Harry and Elijah" Bree said pointing towards the skill testers

"Well now we're not strangers anymore"

************************************

Alpha. There is a woman here with two pups. But she is human. What should I do? Annie sent via the pack link.

Are you sure they are pups? Replied Alpha Thorn

The scent is unmistakable Alpha. They are pups not human or atleast full human.

Thorn quickly grabbed his jacket and using his wolfs speed ran to the diner just passed the packs territory which edged the highway.

He entered the diner through the kitchen and headed to the saloon doors that separated the counter and public areas.

Send the pups this way and distract her he sent to Annie

As the boys headed towards the skill tester near the door he was able to pick up the wolf scent Annie had identified and was shocked. The boys were not just wolves they were his family. His nephews.

Bring the pups and their mother to the pack house. Keep them there. He sent across the pack link

************************************

15 minutes later Annie approached the table with a coffee.

"Bree I am so sorry my boss is being a jerk. I shouldn't be much longer. Here have this while you wait. Do you want anything for the boys?"

"That sounds okay I think they are just enjoying time out of the car" Bree replied laughing as Eli started dancing to the music of the arcade game Harry was attempting to play.

"Thanks" she said as Annie passed her the coffee. "I swear this stuff is manna"

"No problem, It shouldn't take too long" Annie replied.

Annie walked back through  the saloon doors and stopped next to her Alpha.

"With all respect Alpha, I don't like drugging her. She seems like a nice lady".

"We don't know what she is doing here. You don't find it odd that she just shows up with pups at a pack run business? We may not face the same pack issues here as we did back home but we have to remember pack safety is our highest priority."

Annie bowed her head in submission. "My apologies Alpha".

"Mumma wake up" a young voice called.

Thorn looked over and saw the two little boys trying to wake the woman.
And walked over to the table. He inclined his head to Annie to deal with the boys.

"Its okay Harry, your mum is just really tired. My friends are going to take you all back to our house so you can get some sleep. This is Thorn, Alex and Thomas. They are going to help me okay?"

Harry looked up at the big adults, and felt scared. The one named Thorn  dropped to his knees and looked in his eyes.

"Daddy?"

************************************