Happiness Does Exist

Not even a year had passed before I caught myself sailing into South Beach, Florida in search of my mermaid, my Peter Pan, my kitten, but most importantly my happiness. It was time. I was ready to hang my boots up, put my criminal ways behind me and begin my life with Silver.

That was three years ago today and I never expected this outcome. Seems I wasn't the only one willing to change their ways, make sacrifices, and give up certain things. I'll never forget the day I was pulling into the docks. A shoreline wedding was in attendance and luck would have it that my kitten was a maid of honor. Like a empath she sensed I was near as I her. Looking out to the water's at my ship she instantly spotted me gazing back at her through my looking glass. Immediately she causes a scene squealing out, dashing into the waves dress and all, swimming like a Olympic medalist to reach me. Tossing my head back laughing I sent a dingy after her. Of course I wasn't going to have her swim the complete length from the shore to my boat. Leaning over the rails looking down at her climbing the ladder joy filled my soul and I knew in a instant that I had made the right decision in returning. I helped her climb aboard in her sopping wet attire and Silver greeted me by slinging her body into with enough force to send both of us crashing to the deck. Before any word's were spoken she cradled my face between her palms and engulfed me with her sweet kiss.

By the time we broke apart I was soaked through from her drenched dress but none of that mattered. What mattered was the here and now, what was right in front of me.  Pulling her up from the deck, I gathered her into my embrace and we both stared back at the startled wedding congregation, as they looked upon us bewildered. I was almost certain this would be a tale to make headlines so I barked orders to my second in command to set sail and carry us far away from the  America shoreline. Silver didn't protest either, she just smiled up at me then turned her face to the shore. Spotting her mother, she gave a merrily little wave as her mother waved back with a smile etched upon her fading features. I knew then that my secrets were safe with Mrs. Walsh. That she understood this strange love that I and Silver shared and gave us her blessings. Once the shoreline desolved into the ocean I led Silver into my quarters and immediately ordered a pineapple and mushroom pizza where we laid in bed the remainder of the day talking, eating, and naturally relishing in each other's touch and bodies.

Sadly no one from my original crew survived that fateful night so everyone aboard was new but well trusted. However, the women aboard this go round were respectful and respected in return. They was here upon their own accord, like a job. I did pay them and give them time off as well. I treated them like employees that you would find on a cruiseliner. I ran a tight ship so to speak. My men weren't allowed to force the women into anything or be disrespectful and definitely, and I mean definitely no more kidnapping women.

Over the course of our departure I explained to Silver that I had chosen to give up my ways for her but this amazing woman wouldn't hear of it. Instead, she demanded that I continue my pirating lifestyle along with her, with a little compromising on both our ends. We would travel the seas for part of the year and the other half would be spent on land where Silver could continue her work as a artist. Oh, and one other demand my kitten made.... Upon the first inkling of a bad weather report I was to dock at the nearest port until the storm passed. Such a small feat she asked from me and I wouldn't deny her. Keeping my kitten safe was the utmost importance to me, especially now.

We was remarried by our tribal friends and then had a more traditional wedding in my homeland of Ireland, where her mother joined us. Afterwards I set sail with Peter Pan where I surprised her with our new home... Neverland. Yes, I searched the sea over until I found that special forgotten island where second beginnings changed my world.  I purchased that island and built us a fine home and Silver's makeshift Neverland sign still graces the sands today. My heart swells with love as I stand in the doorway of our new home and look out at that whimsical creature standing at the path that leads to the beach. Surrounded by the beauty of the jungle she rests her hands on her swollen belly and smiles up at me before she disappears into the jungle's scenery. Taking off like a puma I easily catch up to my kitten and swoop her up bridal style. "Is Peter Pan trying to escape my clutches?" I question in a playful tone.

Pulling my lips to hers she whispers. "Never my Captain Hook".

Thanks so much for reading and supporting my story!! I hope you enjoyed ever second of it!  Below I will be posting the cover of my upcoming book that I hope you love just as much. Hopefully I will have the first chapters up within a few days! Stay tuned! Also for my mafia lovers as promised I have another book in the works!! It may very well be extra surprising!! Any who check out my upcoming book below. Once again thanks and love you all!!

 Once again thanks and love you all!!

He's here, he's always here. Watching me, protecting me. Even if I can't see him I know he's here.  I can sense him. You know those moment's you get cold chills or you see something out of the corner of your eye but when you look nothing's there. Yea, well that's him. I wasn't suppose to see him though, it just happened. Now that I know he's here I do thing's to provoke him, to call him out, and when he ignores me I tiptoe into dangerous situations to force him out, which initially angers him. Gath is my appointed  guardian angel. He guards my body, my soul, but he can't guard my heart from him. Yes, I'm falling for my broken angel but how can we ever love, we are from two different world's.

Guarding Aspen was more of a punishment I received for being a disobedient angel. In order to receive my entrance I was ordered to keep her safe and out of trouble, but Aspen is no ordinary girl. She tests my nerves to no end and does so purposefully now that she is aware of me. It happened so fast the night she saw me I'd hope she would think I was a figment of her imagination, but no such luck. She wouldn't stop pushing the limits until I showed myself again. Not only dealing with Aspen's tantrums I was running from my own demons. Being back on earth was a reminder of everything that was ripped from me one fateful night when I was a human. I was sent here to fix Aspen but in the end she fixes me, she mends my broken wings. The hardest thing is to come though, when I must return to the heavens and leave my Aspen behind.