The True You

"Miss, are you okay? Answer me miss".

"Awww.....huh"

"Miss can you open your eye's?"

Can I open my eye's? Yes, but I don't want to. I'm afraid to see what's around me, where I'm at, and him. Gosh why want this persistent voice stop nagging me. Let me be please. I heard a painful moan and recognized it was Liam. My eye's darted open to see him sitting up being treated by medics. Does this mean he didn't take me, that I'm safe?

"Miss can you tell me your name?'

"Silver, Silver Walsh".

"Can you tell us what happened here?"

Oh no, should I give Sabastion's name.  Then I recalled what he did to me, to the other's. He needs to pay for his wrong doings. "We were robbed by pirate's. His name was Sabastion Maverick. He's travelling on a yacht and visits deserted islands to hide out. In return for their loyalty he brings them fresh foods and such. He has a home on one of the islands".

"Miss how do you know this?"

Uh-oh. I didn't want my past drug up and them think I was relapsing. "I heard them talking. Is my friend going to be okay?"

"Yes, but we are taking him with us. His nose needs a surgical procedure. You seem fine other than a few bruises so you'll stay on board. I'm sure you understand there are other's that need medical attention".

"Yes, of course'.

"Good. Once we leave the boat is docking at the nearest port where you can catch a flight home. Now please fill our this form in case we need to reach you for furher questions".

Oh shit, what to do now. I didn't want my name associated with this, especially if they go on the hunt for Sabastion. Without given much thought I jotted down a fake name along with fake info and prayed this wouldn't come back to bite me. Within two day's I was back home with my mom. I was still shaken over everything and didn't know where this left things between Sabastion and I. Was this truly the end and I'll never see him again? Or will he come to finish what he began? Honestly I truely hoped I'd never see him again. I do love him but he's ruthless, a killer, and the man I saw that night was a complete stranger. This wasn't my sweet Sabastion, that was a heartless monster, one I never want to see again.

How did I not know the real him, he hid it so well. I just assumed him robbing ships was just that. I never took into consideration that some people lost their lives due to his greed. Yes, that night I saw the true pirate he claimed to be. My heart hurt from seeing the man I love be so vile. That he could even turn against me as to hurt me the way he did. I try to make excuses for him like maybe he was upset that I was with another and lost control but the faint bruises around my neck stand as a reminder. His fingerprints laced my throat in hues of purple, blue and yellow. My neck was still tender to the touch and my throat raw. Clearly the man who claimed to love me was evil. I only wished I knew this before I fell in love with him. It makes for one hell of a brokenheart. Not only is my heart recovering from a loss love but that the person I fell for was a complete stranger. I never really knew him.

A few months passed and I finally returned to my normal routine. However I was always very aware of my surroundings never knowing if he'd pop up. I never worked pass dark and had a high tech alarm system installed at my gallery as well as at home. My paintings had took another turn as well. Mostly sadness, it was hard not to paint my emotions.

As for Liam and I we have really cooled our heels. I was able to convince him that I didn't know that crazed pirate and he was just insane. It was more me that pulled away from our relationship than him. My mind was just a huge clutter fuck right now and I didn't have it in me to focus on a relationship. We still chatted and caught dinner together now and then but that was about it. Recently I made the decision to move away. A new town, new outlook on life is just what I need. I purchased a new gallery on the North Carolina coast and would be moving in two weeks. My mom didn't take the news well but I assured her I wouldn't be that far away and would visit often. It was rather ironic that I chose the North Carolina coast to make my new home, being that it was the home of the most treacherous  pirate ever known.... Blackbeard. Folk lure still says you can catch his ghost wandering the banks or spot his ghost ship sailing in on foggy nights. Also locals as well as tourists search for his burried treasure to this day. Legend says it's burried along the North Carolina coast somewhere.  

Within a month I was settled into my new home in this new place. My gallery was doing great here and the new scenery inspired my painting. My fear of Sabastion finding me diminished a little everyday but I was still precautious. My alarms stayed on at all times and I still didn't work past dark. I still hurt over finding out the dark truth about how Sabastion really was and his treatment of me that night but I must move on, put the past behind me. There's no healing in hanging on to someone, especially a person as dangerous as him. At times I think of the Sabastion that I knew and catch myself smiling but I remind myself not to be fooled by the act he displayed while with me. No, the real Sabastion was a cold, heartless, murdering, abusive monster. It's best that I never see him. Occasionally I'll take the broache he gave me out of it's hiding spot in my dresser to gaze at it. Remembering better times with him I'll strum my thumb over it and feel the cool, hardness of the stone and think it's just like him... cold and hard. Then there's the brand that's forever carved into my arm, a constant reminder of our bond. A bond that now is forever severed. Many times I've thought of consulting a doctor to see if it could be removed. Maybe one day I'll work up the courage to actually do it. Also I still own the necklace made of bone that signified our tribal marriage. Having enough I tucked the necklace along with the broache in a display case at my gallery for sale. Also the one painting I'd refused to sale of us being united was up for auction. Not only that I'd finally grew enough balls to have the brand removed. My appointment is later today. Satisfied that I would be erasing Sabastion's existence in my life I headed out the door happier than I'd been in awhile.