Werewolves

Before humans began to keep their history written down, a young woman was tricked by a wolf spirit. This wolf spirit was able to talk, look, and act like a man. He tricked her into letting him bed her. The goddess Selene had seen the encounter and quickly came to woman's aid; unable to kill the wolf spirit, she came up with a punishment for him. Five months later, the woman had twin boys. These boys were brought before Selene on a full moon. Using all of her abilities, she split the wolf spirit and sealed him inside each of his children; they very first Werewolves. They became the first alphas and over time they created the biggest species known to earth. Once the boys become 15, they both shifted from humans to giant wolves. As the children grew, their anger grew as well; their father causing them to be violent. By the request of their mother, Selene found two women that were perfect for the boys. These women were able to keep the anger at bay except for on the full moon when the wolf was his strongest.

As the Werewolf gene mutated, the Werewolves gained more abilities. Now, the human half and the wolf half have become one fully functioning soul. The person controls most of the actions; the wolf is a voice in their head it becomes a friend and a protector. The Alpha of a pack is decided by a birthmark in the shape of an X on the hip of a werewolf. Until an heir with this mark is born, the current Alpha will stay in power. If however, he dies, the power shifts to his Beta, making the line carry down through the Beta's children.

Beware:

Though they appear human Werewolves rely on their inner wolf to fix their problems. Many inner wolves are quick to judge, but not all of them.

Identifying a Werewolf:

When they are human you cannot tell; they look a little bit different but not entirely. When they are on the verge of shifting, however, their eyes will change from their natural color to one of five: blue, green, yellow, a foggy white, or a dark orange. The shift can be quick or very slow; every Were-wolves wolf body is different. They do however resemble the animal wolf but are larger.

Maturity:

A werewolf normally shifts between the ages of 15-18; it is rare to shift before this time. It is rare for a wolf to never shift, but it has been known to happen. When a male and female Werewolf reaches maturity at 21, their aging slows; they completely stop at between the ages of 20-25. During this time their bodies are ready to find their mates.

Weaknesses:

Silver: It has to be raw silver. If it is injected into the bloodstream, it will kill them within 24 hours.

Wolfsbane: it burns the skin like acid. If inhaled it will sedate and weaken. If ingested it could be fatal depending on the dosage.

Territories: Werewolves are only in packs in the United States, the wolves around the rest of the world are lone wolves or rouges. For the wolves in the United States, each state is home to at most 4 packs that split the state into four parts. The council of elders was found in 1925; since then they have set up their compound in the mountains in Montana.

Rouges:

For a werewolf to become rouge they have to fit one of the following criteria:

Has given over to their wolf entirely, killed their mate, has left their pack, or if they commit treason against their pack.

Protectors:

When the first werewolves, mates have not always been of the same species. It has been noticed that many mated pairs are of werewolves and night-walkers, for this reason, werewolves have begun to "guard" night-walkers. They do this as a sort of bodyguard type situation. The night-walkers are protected for one reason: they are usually decedents from the 9 royal lines (see the section on night-walkers). This means that they are generally targets for hunters (see the section on hunters).