Nightwalkers

Many years after the nightwalkers creation by the goddess Nyx, stories began to spread of these new creatures. It is unsure of who the first nightwalker was, many claims this title, but it is known she was their creator. Since the time of Dracula the nightwalkers or vampires, as pop culture would name them, have become tamer. Many hold office in human government, star in films, or are great inventors. Around the 9th century, it is unclear of how the ability created other nightwalkers faded out. As of now, nightwalkers are only born, the last known created nightwalker was killed in 1932; she had attempted to reveal the supernatural world to the humans.

Each family is divided into nine royal lines. each of these lines rules over a different part of the world (see below)

Beware:

They may be calmer than the past, but Night-walkers are known for their anger issues. They are incredibly proud creatures and protect their own without hesitating. One member of each royal line is given a special gift that is special depending on their family (see families below for more information).

How to identify a Night-Walker:

Their canines are replaced by sharp as glass fangs, their eyes become a red or black color when they are angry or smell blood. The female's fingernails turn into tiny claws when angry or if they smell blood. A young Night Walker has all of the same identifiers as a full grown Night-Walker. The only difference is a young nightwalker is only able to feed directly from the vein.

It is noted however that each family has their own certain characteristics. For example, the British family has fangs that reach the end of their chins. Other families have multiple fangs, small, or unnoticeable fangs.

Maturity:

At the age of 21, a nightwalker fully matures. They become indestructible and are able to feed on a container or animal. Their bodies will slowly stop aging between the ages of 21-30. They also are able to fully "Influence" or control humans; this ability makes the person do anything the night-walker wishes. Before the age of maturity, a young Nightwalker is able to withstand a great deal (i.e., having their neck snapped). However, they are weaker until they are fully grown.

Weaknesses:

Silver: In its raw form; it's useless if it's mixed with anything else. If injected into the bloodstream it will kill them in 48 hours; no matter the dosage.

Red Wood: It has to pierce the heart. In the form of a stake, arrowhead, or any other weapon. This tree was spelled by a witch doctor in 1461; since then it has been a weapon against vampires.

Sunlight: All though this cannot kill a night-walker, it does make them weaker; young night-walkers cannot be in direct sunlight for longer than a day.

Royal families (current ruling members only): Please note, a ruler takes the throne when they are deemed ready by the current ruler of their family.

Alvarez-- Mexico/Central American/South America (rules out of Brazil): King Mateo (543) and King Santiago (523). Next in line: Prince Alejandro (120-- King Mateos brother). The special gift of this family is translation (they know all languages); the holder of this gift is prince Alejandro.

Castil-- Continental Europe (Rules out of Russia): King Madsen (Age 190) and Queen Anilla (Age 145). Next in line:  Princess Rosaline (age 102). The special gift of their family is the gift of prophecy; this gift is held by Duchess Erilea (Age 35). They were struck by tragedy when Queen Retina, was abducted and never found in 1990; King Madsen was next in line and took over immediately. 

Erron-- England: King Mathis (Age 571) and Queen Lina (Age 329). Next in line: Prince Allen (Age 83). The special gift of their family is the gift of healing; this gift is held by Prince Allen (aforementioned).

Grant-- Eastern America (From coast to middle of the country) (Rules out of New York): King Taylor (Age 321) and Queen Tia (Age 319). Next in line: Princess Madison (Age 120). The special gift of their family is the gift of mind reading; this gift is held by Prince Max (Age 25).

Macintyre-- Ireland (Displaced): King Lachlan (25). Next in line: none. The special gift of the family is empathy; this gift is held by Princess Logan (20). The family currently resides in America due to attack via hunters that wiped out all but the young children of the former king and queen.

 Macdonald-- Scotland: Queen Isolde (560) and Queen Corinna (500). Next in line: Prince Ian (510-- Queen Isolde's brother). The special gift of their family is the gift of truth (no one can lie to them); this gift is held by Queen Isolde.

Quinn-- Western America (From coast to middle of the country) (Rules out of California): King Alexander (211) and Queen Maggie (102). Next in line: Princess Erin (96-- King Alexanders sister). The special gift of this family is necromancy; this gift is held by Prince Eric (96).

Yun-- Asia/Oceania (Rules out of Japan): King Seiji (217) and Queen May (321). Next in line: Duke Takashi (138). The special gift of the family is strategy (they can see the outcome of a plan); this gift is held by Duke Takashi (aforementioned)

Zeric-- Africa/Middle East (Rules out of Egypt): King Talion (435) and Queen Shina (431). Next in line: Prince Rinex (211). The special gift of the family is shifting (can turn into animals); this gift is held by King Talion (aforementioned).

Rouges:

For a vampire to become rouge they have to fit one of the following criteria:

Has killed a being (drained of all blood), has killed their consort, banished from their coven, or they must have killed another vampire.