From Harry: Do I have no say in this?

I rolled my eyes, even though I knew he couldn't see me.

To Harry: you don't

From Harry: If you had asked nicely, I would've said yes anyway.

To Harry: you wouldn't have

From Harry: How would you know, you didn't even try.

To Harry: even though I'd LOVE to keep this conversation up, I'm afraid I'm at work.

I walked into the restaurant, and the first thing I saw was Chloe getting the tables ready. As soon as she heard my footsteps, she looked up and rushed to my side.

"So?" She asked impatiently.

"So what?"

"How did it go?" She asked again.

"How did what go?"

"Are you aware of the fact you walked out of the restaurant with an outrageously hot boy next to you yesterday night?"

"I might be, why?"

"What happened with him yesterday?" She finally asked.

"Nothing happened" I replied.

"Are you serious? You didn't do anything?"

"He just walked me home" I said. "Oh, he asked me to be his girlfriend."

"Please tell me you said yes" she said.

"I said yes, now can we actually start doing our job?" I asked her, hanging my coat.

"Oh my god he's your boyfriend now!" She squealed, making a few heads turn towards us.

"Girls, how many times do I have to tell you to be professional?" James said.

"There aren't even customers right now, we're closed" Chloe snapped at him.

"There will be. That's the point of getting everything ready" he replied, before walking back into the kitchen.

"I hate him so much" she muttered behind his back.

"You aren't the only one" I replied, putting the tablecloth better on one of the tables next to me.

•  •  •

When I got out of work, I checked my phone.

From Harry: I won't be around today. I have some stuff to do, I'll make sure to be back before tomorrow night.

I briefly pondered asking him more information about it, but I decided against it. Even though I knew he owed me at least some answers, I also knew that I didn't want to force them out of him. For some reason, it didn't feel right.

To Harry: I'll be waiting for you. It's at 8pm by the way

I walked back home where I spent the rest of my day sitting against the headboard of my bed, determined to finish reading a book. Pride and Prejudice, of course.