Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

He put her down and held both her hands.

“I still can’t believe I have you back.” Aaron said softly.

“It is unreal for me as well. It is like I am in one of my dreams and any second it is going to turn into a nightmare.”

“This is as real as it can get love.” He took her hand and placed it on top his chest. She felt the steady thump of his heartbeat. “It beats only for you”

Elaine looked at him and into his beautiful eyes and realized she was in love with him as well. It was like her heart knew it all along and now finally her brain had accepted it.

“I love you too Aaron” She whispered.

Aaron stilled, not sure if he heard her right.

“Elaine…”

“I love you. It doesn’t matter if I have my memory back or not but the feelings are there. My heart remembers you” She said and went on her toes to take his lips for a sweet kiss.

Aaron felt tears against his face and pulled back to see tears streaming down her cheeks.

“Hey...what is wrong?” Aaron asked

“Nothing…we are together. You are here.”

“It is not a dream, love. Believe me”

He lifted her bridal and carried her back towards the guest house.

He walked into the bedroom and lowered her on the bed. He looked at her face so see if she was okay but all he could see was pure love.

“You know when I had planned our first date, I had thought of this song I would sing for you. It felt so right but now it is even more perfect.” Aaron leaned over and turned on the IPod on the night stand.

The lyrics of you and me by You+Me filled the air.

You and me were always with each other
Before we knew the other was ever there
You and me, we belong together
Just like a breath needs the air
I told you if you called I would come runnin
Across the highs, the lows and the in betweens
You and me, we’ve got two minds that think as one
And our hearts march to the same beat.

“You play the guitar” She whispered.

Aaron looked at her amazed. She had asked him that when she had come over for drinks at his house and had seen the guitar in the corner. He used to play but Olivia had hated it but when Elaine had asked him about it he had decided that one day he would play for her and that one day was going to be their first date.

“You remember?”

“I…no...just this randomly…it just popped up…” Elaine looked at him and laughed. “I love you so much Aaron Clark”

“I am the luckiest man alive.” He said as he feathered kisses along her jaw line and neck.

He leaned back and pulled of his t shirt. Elaine looked at the scars. She reached out and traced them.

“You had these in my dreams” she whispered.

“I told you about them” Aaron said as he watched her trail her fingers along the length of them.

She looked back at him. She didn’t doubt her love for him for one minute. They said a week but she felt as if it would happen all over again she would fall in love with this perfect man within a second.

“Make me yours” She said softly as she threaded her fingers through his hair.

“You are mine sweetheart” He pulled down her dress and saw the bruises on her torso, fading at some places and turning yellow at others.

Elaine watched him look at her bruises and she tried to pull her dress back up. What was she thinking? She was ruined.

“No” Aaron said as he held her hands and he leaned down and started kissing each bruise one by one. Tears rolled down her cheeks and she let out a sob.

“No love, no more crying.” Aaron leaned up and kissed away her tears as well. The passion that had built up broke loose and soon they became one and tumbled over the edge of ecstasy as the lyrics to their song drifted in the background softly

They say everything happens for a reason
You can be flawed enough but perfect for a person
Someone who will be there for you when you fall apart
Guiding your direction when you are riding through the dark
Oh, that’s you and me…