Chapter Fifteen

The storyline gets intense here onwards and the reader's support means everything to me.
However if you are not comfortable with the nature of this love story then feel free to remove the story from your library but please don't hate.
Sympathy and concern for the character is really appreciated but rude comments about the story itself will be removed.
I invest time and hard work, please consider that. :)

As soon as Aaron’s plane touched down in JFK, he pulled out his phone and checked for any miss calls or messages from Elaine. There were none. He called her up but her phone was still going to voicemail. Aaron checked the time. It was eight in the morning so she must be gone to the hospital. He was going to make it up to her. It was supposed to be their first date.

He strode across the runway.

"Good morning sir" Jack greeted him.

"Good morning Jack. How is Sophia?" Aaron asked referring to his daughter.

"She rolled over for the first time last night." Jack said proudly.

Aaron smiled at him and got in the car.

"Office or residence Sir?"

"Office"

As soon as he reached his office he buzzed in Cecelia.

She walked in with a coffee.

“Good morning sir. I presumed you would come straight to the office. Here’s your coffee. Extra strong”

“Thank you. Call up the florist and have them deliver two dozen red roses at this address.” Aaron said as Cecelia’s phone pinged with the message that contained hospital address with Elaine’s name.

“Ask them to attach an apology card.”

“Consider it done sir” Cecelia smiled as she jotted down the details.

“And the press conference that you ordered. It has been organized for tomorrow at 10 a.m. Mr. Manchester is working on it.”

“Good and contact Jeremy Baldacci, the private investigator. I want him in my office as soon as possible.”

An hour passed and Aaron’s was working on a contract when Cecelia knocked and entered.

“Yes?” Aaron asked without looking up.

“Sir, Ms. Sparks was not available to receive the delivery of the flowers. The hospital informed the delivery man that she has not come in today”

“Tell them to hold the delivery” Aaron said as he grabbed his car keys and walked out of the office. He decided to head over to her place. Her phone was going straight to voicemail and she didn’t show up at work today.

Jack came up to him when he entered the lobby.

“I am driving myself. You can take rest of the day off” Aaron said as he walked outside.

“I hope she is alright” Aaron muttered as got into his car, one of the extras he always had parked at his office building.

He reached her house and parked in her driveway. It was in the Flatiron district, a twenty minute drive from midtown Manhattan. It was an elegant single story house.

He rang her doorbell but then noticed that the door was ajar.

“What the hell?” Aaron thought. He pushed open the door and stepped inside.

“Elaine?” Aaron called out as he walked further in.

“Elaine, are you home?”

Aaron stilled as he walked into the living area. Air escaped from his body as he tried to register the image in front of him.