Chapter 3

Jade's POV

  Gathering up my courage, I brushed away a few stray tears that ran down the sides of my face and started to walk towards the house. One step, two steps, three steps... My feet felt as heavy as a big rock as I walked towards the door of my childhood home. I was cut short of my tracks when he suddenly turned around. Not wanting him to see me, I hid behind a post box (I know I know, what a stupid thing to do!) , but I had no choice because... Well to be honest, I was afraid to face him again. 

  After the breakup, I never dated, had a fling, nor even a one-night stand, all because I was scared to love again, all because of him. Now, though I seem really confident and headstrong, I know I'm truly broken inside, and I can't deal with his games and taunts, or whatever he's going to throw at me. All in all, I cannot face him yet. I'm not ready.

Stopping for deep breaths, I leant against the post box, getting myself together, and readied myself to see my parents again. I peeked out from the post box, just in time to see him speed away in his stupid white Nissan GTR. Feeling a bit better that he's not here, I walked to the door and rang the bell. I hear footsteps coming nearer and nearer, and my heart stared thumping fastly and strongly against my chest. The door opened and I saw my Mom, a beautiful petite woman standing in the doorway in a baby pink dress (pajama kind of dress). Her big, curious eyes immediately widened.

"Oh my gosh!"  Mum cried, falling to the floor with tears in her eyes.

"Fetina? You alright? What happened?" Dad rushed to her side in an instant. My Dad is a chubby, porky, strong man. Even though he is quite plump, he does not look like a pig, and he actually looks very charming. He has light brown hair, and a pair of sparkling green eyes that I got from him. After three years, both he and Mom didn't seem to age a lot.

Mum raised a shaky hand, pointing at me. She kept sobbing and her body was shaking the whole time. Dad slowly looked in my direction, and he looked like as if he had seen a ghost - his daughter, me, Jade.

"J-J-Jade? Is that really you JJ?" He managed to force the words out of his mouth. Like Mum, his whole body was shaking too, but he didn't sob or weep, instead only a few tears escaped his eyes, and he was comforting Mum. JJ was their nickname for me, and it has been my nickname since I was a little child.

"Y-Yeah Dad, it is me, you and Mum's daughter, Jade." I said, tearing up a bit.

Both of them opened their arms wide, and I immediately ran into their embrance, feeling safe and sound in my parent's arms. We all cried together at the door, which I guess would be a funny thing to see for the neighbours or passer-bys' . 

They quickly ushered me into my room, and told me to freshen up, then we will have a talk later. I walked into my room, and it was clean AF, just the way I liked it. Things were kept in the same format as on the day that I left. i was quite grateful to my parents, because they knew if they messed up my room, I would not be able to find my things again when I come back, and I would be frustrated and grumpy .

  I stepped into the shower, tearing up once again because not a single thing has been moved in my bathroom.   Brushing away tears, I quickly took a shower and headed downstairs in a comfy sweatshirt and baggy pants to meet my parents. 

  "Baby, we wanted to talk to you about why you left and decided to come back. Not that we didn't want you to come back, but why choose this moment, this exact period of time? And why leave when you have just barely graduated high school, while you were having a perfectly happy relationship with Marcus, but fleeing to somewhere else in the world, having no contact with anyone whatsoever?" Mum started, bursting in tears.

  "We aren't that mad at you, JJ, but we just don't understand. But what we do know, is that we will always forgive you, and you must have a very acceptable reason to leave, right?" Dad added.

  I nodded my head. I sat down on the couch in a comfortable position, getting ready to pour everything out of my heart. "Well, the idea of leaving all started when I found out that M-M-Mar-" I couldn't speak, I couldn't say his name. I cleared my throat. "He, uh, cheated on me with most of my friends. However, my remaining friends who didn't betray me didn't even attempt to tell me, so I felt a heck load of pressure, and... I just cracked, okay? I cracked under pressure. As you can see, after three long years,  I still can't say his name! When I was walking just now, I saw him at the door. You guys wouldn't even believe how scared I was! I am not ready for him at all! I'm just broken, you know, and I doubt I'll ever be fixed." I said sadly. I knew my parents could hear how I'm so shattered inside, and I knew they understand me completely. "Well anyway, let's move on to something brighter and happier. So I fled to London, and I studied business, finance and law in a college in London to keep me busy, and it is safe to say that I will have my own company soon!"

  "Wow JJ, that's great! I can't believe you did that in a short span of three years! I'm so proud of you!" Mum laughed. Then she turned serious. "But Marcus doesn't seem to be that much of a bad guy though, he is such a sweet and polite guy, and you guys were the absolute 'Golden Couple'! Did he not know you found him cheating on you? He even visits us everyday to checkup on you whereabouts, and he was truly devastated when he found out you were gone without a trace. Even if he cheated on you, there had to be a suitable reason. Moreover, I can tell that he really loves you with his life, but if you decided to kick him outta your life, it's understandable."

  "Oh thank you, Mum. I wouldn't know what to do without you." I said gratefully.

  "That boy better watch his back, cause no one ever hurts my little JJ." Dad growled, scowling.

  "Dad!" Mom and I both exclaimed at the same time.

  We laughed together in harmony, rejoicing at the fact that our family is whole again, and that is all that matters. Without a worry, I enjoyed and bathed warmly in this exact period of time, when my family welcomed me, and no-one knew I had returned. Deep down, I knew after today, when people see me again, everything will change, and I will be the talk of the town.

  After a lovely dinner prepared by my mother, it was time for bed. I kissed them goodnight (obviously on the cheek though!) and went upstairs. I changed into a simple mint green tank top and blue and soft booty shorts, then slipped into bed.

  Before sleeping, I took out what had helped me sleep through these three difficult, hell-like years- a extravagant heart locket with his picture in it, with little bits of his distinct smell. Though it may hurt to think of him, I cannot sleep without anything of his beside me. I do detest and resent him for what he did, but only he can calm me and lull me to sleep with a safe and warm feeling that only he can bring. I never tell anyone that I use this locket to sleep, even when we were dating.

  At last, I succumbed to the darkness, feeling quite excited for tomorrow's interesting events, hoping things will go smoothly when I wake up.