Chapter 2

Jade's POV
~ a few days later~
Today is the day where I leave for Maryland. I'm super pumped and ready, but a part of me doesn't want to and is terrified of the thought of meeting him. Brushing it off, I packed up my things and speeded to the airport to check in and board the plane.
Oh. I almost forgot. I studied business, finance and law in London successfully, and I have graduated from college already, since I was the best student in my high school, so they let my get in college at such a young age to study. Heh, I'm so lucky!
During the plane flight, I thought of starting my company and also both minor and major details on running the company later on. I also contemplated on what I should do first in Maryland, go home or just search for an apartment. Contact my parents or just leave it be? I don't know.
Suddenly, as I headed towards to bathroom of the airplane, a girl about the same age as me crashed into me, causing the both of us to fall on the floor. Normally I would've been super angry at that person, but as I stood up and composed myself, I stared into her eyes. Wait... She seems kind of familiar.
Her eyes widened. "O-oh m-my-y G-go-d. I-is that yo-ou, J-jade?"
Ah! I remember who she is. She is Lilly, Lucas's (his twin) girlfriend. I remember her from high school. We weren't close, but she was shy and sweet, just like me, so we clicked once we met each other. Unfortunately, I couldn't spend time with her because two days after I met her, I found out about the cheating scandal. I'm quite surprised that she still remembers me.
"Ohhh... Hi Lilly! It's nice to see you again!" I semi-smiled, aka gave a polite smile. I know that I'm probably being very formal, but that is what studying business, finance and law made me into.
She had tears in her eyes, and immediately started bawling her eyes out. Everyone on the plane was staring at us, and I didn't know what to do. I hurriedly shushed and hushed and comforted her, and rushed her to the business class to talk and catch up.
"What's wrong?" I gently asked, genuinely worried.
"I'm sorry... It's just that seeing you brings up a lot of memories that I would like to forget." She sniffled. Then she started pouring her heart out to me, explaining that only she and Lucas knew he cheated, and then she found out that Lucas was cheating on her the same way as he did. She turned into a cold woman like me, but not that brutal and malevolent, and seeing me reminded her of the twins, so that was why she broke down. From then on, I knew I finally had a real friend, who will always be there for me, will always understand me, and will always support me no matter what. She said after her breakup with Lucas, she didn't flee the town as I did, but stayed in town instead for a year, then went to Canada to study there on scholarship. She came back the same time as me, and I was lucky to meet her and have her here with me.
Despite all the prissy crying feud, we quickly bonded, and chatted like birds through the entire plane flight. It seems as if I've found my best friend today :) I decided to head to my parents home, so I exchanged numbers with Lilly, then head back to my home.
  Turning the corner going straight to my home, I stopped suddenly. I almost broke down at the sight of him, Marcus. He was at the door, talking to my mom and dad. He is still as hot, cute, handsome as ever, and it doesn't take a second to understand why I love him so much, and why girls flock over to him whenever he is around. It looks like they (he and my parents) have a good relationship with one another. Oh well, I need to destroy it, because he destroyed my life, my world, and even me.
  It's showtime.