Chapter 6

~2nd pov~

You gripped the shotgun tighter in your hands as you looked around at the small search group. L was standing to your left fiddling with her hand gun one of the guards had given her. Cat(is it Kat or Cat I can't remember), head of coms was smoothing down her ruffled fur her tail twitching nervously. Butterfly was on your immediate right. She was one of the guards you had trained. Though her fairy like appearance is deceiving she can throw a solid punch. She fluttered closer her long thin antenna twitching as she waited for the portal to open.

You had instructed Fly to make the portal near the safe house to see what you could scavenge there. You looked over at the table where the insect-like (y/n) was waiting for your command. You have a hasty nod and stepped in front of your group.

"Everyone remember, at the first sign of danger contact each other through the comms, do not engage. Shoot only if you have to, we don't need anyone else hurt." You instructed as the swirling green vortex opened up behind you, "Do I make myself clear?"

You received a nod from each of the members of the small party. Your lips quirked up slightly as you turned to face the portal. You stepped through and were immediately surrounded by the familiar feel of the old base. The air was chilled not having the normal hustle and bustle that the rebel (y/n)s had given it. You cast a glance over your shoulder at the rest of the group as they stepped trough.

Cat immediately shivered her large eyes quickly growing glassy. As Butterfly stepped through she showed no reaction, but you could tell by the slight quiver of her thin wings that are held at attention, she was nervous. L had no reaction besides to look around curiously. You puffed and large breath and poked your head around the doorway.

It was the old science wing, stripped clean of most sciency things. You gave a signal and trotted in. You weaved passed each of the overturned tables and stopped at the far wall. You adjusted the empty satchel that lay over your shoulders. You lifted a hand from the gun and with your fingers moving in several different configurations pressed the Code into the hidden keypad. The holographic wall shivered and fell away leaving a door for you to place a hand scan on and open. As you opened the door you gazed around at the slightly disheveled shelves, but let out a breath of relief everything was still untouched.

Butterfly stayed at the door watching while everyone else spread out. You immediately went to the back wall and found what you were looking for covered in a sheet. You ripped the dusty sheet away and smiled at what you found.

"Hey baby girl... did you miss mommy?" You baby talked the asset as you pressed your cheek to the cool black metal

You smiled to yourself and mounted the asset. God how you missed the feel of the seat and the knowledge of the amount of power you held between your legs. Triss always used to tease you about how riding the asset was a substitute for sex. All that raw power between your legs, having total control over the situation, were some of the parallels she had listed. You shook your head slightly at the memories and pressed the asset forward and continued to scavenge.

~~~ smol timeskip~~~

Soon you met back up with the rest of the group. Each had a satchel full. L eyed the asset you sat on her visor lighting up slightly as she dismantled it with her mind. You urged it forward out of the safe. The door shut and the holographic wall replaced to turned to the group.

"Mk, so Nurse wanted us to go to the old med-bay and see if there is anything we can scavenge there." You said steering the asset passed the group, "C'mon, Butterfly watch our Six." The (y/n) guard nodded firmly

You pressed the asset down another hall the group following close behind. You reached the med-bay and had L and Cat go in so you could stand guard with Butterfly. From the corner of your eye you examined her. Her ruffled (h/c) (f/c) color streaked locks that feathered down to her shoulders, her thin and long antenna with bright yellow fringe at the top. Her wings intrigued you the most. They were thin, but with the way she used them would say otherwise. They were beautiful, sparkling (f/c) with a natural pinky hue. She looked outwardly the basic (y/n) small and thin, beautiful features with interesting (f/c) streaked (e/c) eyes. But she's so much more than her looks the large healing laceration her cheek down to her collar bone. The way she held the gun in her thin hands in the solemn way she does. She's the perfect example of quality over quantity, she's so interesting yet so quiet. You hardly ever heard her speak besides the basic 'Yes ma'am.', 'No ma'am.' You were always curious about the chunk missing from the top of her left wing.

Who would dark damage such a beautiful example of natures art? Your brows furrowed slightly, probably the same person she's rebelling against. She-she just seems so broken. Like something that was there before was taken away like there's tape on the back of a piece of ripped art. Not everyone can see the scars, but they are still there forever.

L and Cat walked out of the med-bay holding arm fills of bandages and drugs. They found some equipment that they tied to Cats tail. You chuckled at the weird yet oddly working idea. You commed back at the base for a portal which you were supplied with in a few minutes. This scavenging group faired well, but how would the others you would surely need to send out?