"Well." The man straightened, taking the weapon up in his six-fingered hands. "Let's not panic. Dipper, I have already escorted everyone to the bunker."

Oh, the brunet pressed his lips thin and twitched his fingers, a bit antsy. That explains why there isn't any music playing . . .

Ford smiled then. "And Bill? My plan does involve shooting you."

"Way to make me feel better, old nerd," Bill grumbled, though he at least wanted to hear the guy out. He consulted Dipper briefly, making sure the younger agreed with him. He squeezed his hand for reassurance, glad for the other's company in a time like this.

The elder didn't reply to his retort, checking over the gun in a hurried motion. "What do you think happens if we were to funnel the weirdness energy back inside the rift?"

Bill cast him a look. "It would go away? IQ, just get to the point." He eyed the gun warily.

"I have to make sure you're on board. I've trapped a piece of weirdness energy in this quantum destabilizer from your castle and I've modified its destructive properties. Now it acts as a pinpoint — a weirdness magnet of sorts," he said quickly, the door of the Shack giving a sudden rattle. "If I shoot you with it, there's a possibility that your human form wouldn't be able to survive the release. Unless you're willing to give up Weirdmageddon's magic."

The blond froze, his blood running cold. The answer should be easy. Should was the key word. "I-I . . ." His heart wrenched in his chest. He knew Dipper wouldn't be able to take such a heavy heartbreak so early in life. "I-is there time to t-think about it?" he asked the six-fingered man, despite already knowing the answer.

"The universe is presently tearing apart, Bill. We have to move as immediately as we can," Ford affirmed.

"What the heck?" Dipper hissed, his own terror sorrowfully ripping through him. The image was torture. "Bill can't die! We can't let that happen. I-I . . . Bill!" The brunet tugged on his lover's vest, pulling him into a fast, passionate kiss. He took another breath afterwards, attempting to calm. He was shaking. "Sorry, I can't . . . no. No, we'll have to think of something else. There has to be something else."

But there was nothing else. It was the only way. Bill knew what to do; it hit him like a bolt of lightning. He took a long look at his lover, drinking in the immediate terror in his eyes, but also strong, burning love. Bill knew he couldn't leave him no matter what.

A future timeline briefly flashed in Bill's covered eye. Visions of a completely devastated and heartbroken Dipper standing in front of a stone statue of Bill. He was utterly destroyed, and in his eye, Bill could tell that version of the male wouldn't be able to bring himself to love again. He couldn't leave Dipper in that state. It would break the both of them. When did I become so weak to my knees with love? Bill Cipher loves a human. A few months ago I would have laughed so hard at that. He stared at his hands as his fingers curled into a fist. He raised his gaze to meet Dipper's.

"Dipper Pines, I love you from the bottom of my heart." Bill spoke the truth. He turned to Ford. "I-I'll give up my power."

"What the heck?" It was Ford this time, the question coming out in genuine unexpectation. "Bill Cipher, I never thought I'd hear the words."

Dipper actually startled as well. A-are you sure? His cheeks flushed hopefully, also with regret. You've wanted this for so long . . .

There was no hesitation like before. He had made up his mind. "I'm sure. I'll do it. Just tell me how, Ford." Bill smiled. It's okay. There are more important things than power. Thank you for teaching me that, Mason.