Chapter 46

"Are you picking up something?" Dipper perked, pausing in eating his lunch to look at Bill. "Is it Mabel?"

The blond nodded. "Yeah. At least she knows what I meant by 'eyes'." He closed his normal eye, trying to ignore Shooting Star's excessive waving in his other as he concentrated, intending to teleport her straight to the Fearamid.

She probably had to take a wild guess, the boy remarked to himself, smiling as the girl appeared a ways from them, pig and a generous helping of decorative supplies in her arms.

"Oh my goodness, that was the weirdest thing ever!" she commented, jumping up and down. Waddles squealed. "I was like 'Hey!' and then I was like 'Poof!' and then I was here! Mabel and the piggy are back in the house!"

Dipper shook his head, beaming. She's here alright.

Bill chuckled, rolling his eye. "Welcome to Weirdmageddon, Shooting Star," he grinned. "Everything is weird!"

"Speaking of that, everyone was being kinda weird when I went to see them," she said, making a face. "Wendy was pretty crazy, Candy and Grenda both acted like I turned on them until I reminded my friends of the power of friendship, Grunkle Stan gave me this huge talk and the rest of the peeps there kept looking at me strange. I get that they think you guys are evil and I shouldn't be here, but I don't understand what's so hard about trusting my Mabel judgement."

"Weren't they glad to see you?" the brunet asked, appalled.

"Of course they were! How could they not be? I was super excited to see them!" she exclaimed. Her pet wiggled out of her grasp, landing on the floor and trotting over to Dipper. He licked at the boy's plate, receiving a laugh in return.

"At least Waddles isn't afraid of me," Dipper said, patting the pig as he finished his meal for him and wandered his way to Bill and poked him with his snout, oinking.

Bill stared at the pig, obviously not used to domesticated animals. "Uh . . . hi?" Tentatively, he reached his hand out to pet Waddles, glancing at the twins.

Dipper gave him a thumbs-up, grinning.

Mabel got hyper, her beam beaming. "Ahh, Waddles loves you already! This is so cute!" She fiddled around her stuff, hands basically full. Eventually, she grabbed a camera, snapping a photo at an unexpected moment and giggling. "Scrapbook! I'm also gonna get one of you boys being lovey-dovey to each other, so watch out."

The pink animal stared at her, tipping his head, before nudging Bill once more.

Her brother blushed, unable to stop himself from smirking at the blond. Another picture was taken, and he turned to Mabel. "Stop that!" he protested. "There are better times for this."

"Now is the time," she responded, shaking her camera tauntingly. "Too adorable to miss."

Bill grinned, suddenly tackling Dipper in a hug. "Go for it, Shooting Star!" he encouraged, cutely nuzzling into the younger male.

Waddles yelped, retreating from the mess of limbs to stand by Mabel, watching as the female tween immediately nabbed the opportunity.

Despite his flaring adorations for his lover, the boy tried to lunge away. "Noooooo! Pictureeeeeessss!" he pleaded, flushing exasperatedly when he realized Bill had him good.

Mabel took approximately a trillion more just then. "Ooh! This is great! Bill, I want to get you making out hard-core with Dipping Sauce!"

The unfortunate target of their tormenting about turned into a beet right then. He attempted to glare at his captor, hopefully sending a warning, while a separate part of him craved to do exactly that. But maybe without his twin there. If you let go now, I might forgive you for this . . .