Chapter 43: Meet Vance

Start from the beginning

"I thought that you would never come," Nike continued, speaking directly to Calius but with his eyes still on me. I glared at him and a smirk made its way on his face, "Luffy, it's a pleasure for me to finally meet you," he said. 

"I don't share the same feelings as you, Nike," I spat at him and he looked surprised.

"You know my name," he said but then he seemed to remember something. "Oh, yeah, Nicolas is your guardian, right? It's only logical that you know about me." He looked at Calius. "I'm going to take our guest to the master."

I was about to protest, as really I did not want to go with Nike as I had a feeling that I would end up struggling him but Calius spoke before I could.

"Let me come with you. You somehow always resolve to violence," the vampire said and he walked inside the mansion. Nike chuckled and mentioned for me to follow Calius' steps which I did without resistance. 

I walked inside with Nike following close behind me and Calius up ahead. We passed through various corridors and I just wondered how big this house was. We encountered no one as we walked and really, the security here was not as high as I thought it would be. Finally, we stopped in front of a long wooden door and Calius pushed it opened, revealing a throne room, like literally, there was a throne at the very end of the room.

I was roughly pushed inside and I glared back at Nike who ordered me to advance. I decided to remain quiet in front of that brute and walked further in on my own. Though, I quickly realized that there was someone else in the room. His back was facing me as he looked at the throne but I knew instantly who it was. 

"You fucker!" I shouted angrily as I went to attack that son of a bitch but I was not quick enough. Using his powers, he disappeared from my sight only to reappear behind my back but he was not going to get me again with this trick of his. I already predicted his move and got out of the way just in time to avoid his blow.

He chuckled and stepped away from me, a smirk coming on his face, "Luffy, what an unpleasant surprise. I thought that Shane and his little friends would have already taken care of you. Those idiots were no match for you, it seems."

"Cedric," I spat his name angrily, "I'm going to fucking kill you."

"Don't make me laugh," he provoked me and I was about to show him what I was capable of but Calius came to stand between us.

"No fighting," the vampire stated, "This is not what my dad has planned for both of you."

"Oh let them try to kill each other, I want to see a good fight," Nike encouraged us but Calius did not find the situation as funny as the guardian did.

"The first one to spill out blood will have to deal with me. Who wants to deal with me?" Calius asked Cedric and I but none of us replied. I had a feeling that the vampire was stronger than he looked like.

At that particular moment, the door of the throne room opened and someone new walked inside. I immediately felt the change in the air. My eyes fell on the new arrival and I took a step back on instinct. The dark power that he was giving off was scary. He was powerful, I was sure that everyone in the room could feel it. I did not need to have met him before to know who he was because the answer was pretty obvious.

"Vance," I whispered and I froze when his eyes fell on me.

He was not how I imagined him to be. He seemed pretty young but I knew that he was actually an old man. Just like Calius, he was dressed in a suit but instead of wearing a blouse, he had a black shirt inside. He had a long scar at the side of his cheek and his eyes seemed familiar but I could not remember where I saw them.