Chapter 22: Who Am I?

"I vote for the option of killing him."

"And I vote for the option of letting him live."

"Why? He is of no help to us. He is just a nuisance that will bring us only problems."

"Did you hear what Alexandro told us right or did you just turn a deaf ear? Nicolas is not the enemy, actually we can make him an ally."

"You want to make a pathetic, defenseless, ignorant human who has barely any guardian powers an ally against the battle with the most powerful clan that ever existed? Yeah, sounds like a good plan, Calum."

"My idea is still better than killing him, Cale."

"I agree with Calum on that point," I finally stepped in the twins' little argument.

"Of course, you would agree with him," Cale exclaimed, looking at me with a disapproving look, "Each time, someone tried to kill Nicolas, you defended him...like if you are the boss around here."

"Sorry if I don't agree with the idea of killing an innocent being," I told him and he huffed, leaning against the wall behind him.

"Nicolas is far from being innocent," he said.

"For me, he is and also, know that if someone tried to kill you, I will protect you," I informed him and he rolled his eyes while murmuring under his breath that he did not need my help for anything.

The twins and I were standing in the hallway near Nicolas' room, discussing about the different options for Nicolas' case. Rain declared that as Nicolas was basically a guardian, it was for Cale and Calum to decide what they were going to do with him but knowing Cale's opinion on the subject, I preferred to join them into making the right decision.

Since Alexandro left the place yesterday, Nicolas has been unconscious. The fact that he hasn't woken up yet seemed to please many of us as he was usually uncontrollable when he was awake. Sadly, he was not the only one in that state, someone else too did not wake up yet and that was my mom. Calum assured me that it was normal, that she just needed to rest to regain all of her strength but that did not stop me from being worried for her.

We both stayed at Cloud's house that night. Nova kept my mom in her room while I went to sleep in one of the guest rooms. Despite knowing that I was now safe, I could not sleep at all. Too many things were going on in my mind and I was also kind of scared.

I was scared of the things that I could possibly do in my sleep without knowing.

Those powers that I received were still new to me and obviously I could not control them yet. I did not even know what I could do with them. I was scared that I lose control and then hurt someone that was dear to me. I would not be able to forgive myself if that was to happen. 

"So boys," Cale started, "You both don't want to kill Nicolas, but what are we going to do with him then?"

"Firstly, we need to block his connection with Nike," Calum replied.

"And how exactly are we going to do that?" I asked them.

"Well," Calum replied slowly, "The best option is to actually kill him."

"Which we already agreed on not doing," I said firmly, glancing at Cale who looked like he wanted to protest but in the end, he did not say anything. "Aren't there any other options?"

"Um," Calum seemed unsure, "Angels did create special objects which can be used to block the connection between two twin brothers."

"Oh, perfect. We just have to find one of these objects and the problem will be solved," I exclaimed but the twins did not share my joy. I frowned, "Why do you look both not so fond of the idea?"