I

5 years later...

Lizzie climbed the tree in her parents' yard which went so high, that you could touch the sky. She giggled when she saw her best friend, Casear, teasing me in sign language about how he's a better climber than me.

'Bet you can't beat me to the top.' He signed as Lizzie smirked and climbed another branch. She continues climbing for a minute, reaching higher than Casear.

“You were saying??” She teased as Casear glared playfully at her before he signed for her to looked behind her.

'Look!!' He signed as Lizzie turned to see the beautiful sunrise on the horizon.

“Wow!! It's so beautiful!!” She exclaimed as she turned back to her friend, but only realizing he was gone.

“Casear??” She looked around and couldn't find her. She even looked up and didn't see him. She began to climb down but her foot slipped and she began falling.

“Casear!!” She shouted as small twigs scratched her all over. She closed her eyes and waited to hit the ground, only to be caught on something. She opened her eyes to see her ape friend holding her hand. She then pulled herself on to the branch before glaring at him.

“Really??” She asked him as he shrugged and put on an innocent face.

'Lets get you cleaned up.' He signed as she looked at her arms and saw scratches up and down them.

“Right.” She said as Casear started climbing down while helping her down, too.

••••••••••••••••

'Am I hurting you??' He signed as Lizzie winced when the wet alcohol patch connected with her now bleeding scar.

“No. You're not. It just hurts, that's all.” She said as he gave me a band aid.

“Thanks. But hey, don't scare me like that. You know how I get.” Lizzie stated as he sent me an apologitic look. Lizzie's expression softened as she saw small tears appearing in his eyes before she wrapped her arms around his neck. He immediately hugged back before they both pulled away and said their goodnights before heading off to their bedrooms.

*Timeskip*

“Bye, sweetie. Have a great day.” Lizzie's mom said as she kissed her daughter's cheek before walking over to Casear.

“Take care, Casear.” She said as she hugged the ape before walking out of the door. Lizzie then tapped Casear for him to look at her.

“So, Casear?? Want to play with the Dodge ball outside after breakfast??” She asked as Casear wooed in excitement.

“Okay. But first, we have to clean ourselves up before heading outside. Like Mama said we should.” Lizzie stated as Casear nodded.

“Well, let's go!!” She exclaimed as she raced Casear to the bathroom which Casear definitely won and got in first.

(What Lizzie is wearing)

When Lizzie was finished and Casear was ready to go, the two hyperactive adolescents ran out into the front lawn and grabbed the Dodge ball that hid in their favorite bush near their gate and started playing catch.

*Timeskip*

As Lizzie went to catch the throw Casear did, the ball accidentally slipped out of her fingertips and hit her neighbor in the back of the head.

“You Bitch!!”

Uh oh...