Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

Erikka's P.o.v.

Snap! "Do you think they're awake?" A girls voice said. The voice was familiar and jittery, but I really didn't care at the moment. The blankets were warm around me, and I seemed to have an electric heating belt or something on my waist. What ever it was, I snuggled more deeply into it. "Look, Nico! She snuggled!" The girls voice let out a squeal.

"Gods, Anna. If she wasn't awake before, she sure is now." A male voice replied to the overly jittery one. Yet, he was wrong. I didn't want to be awake, therefore I wasn't awake. Simple as that.

Another snap sound went off, and suddenly my warm belt thing disappeared. The bed shifted and my face contorted into a pout. "Look at that face!" That was all I could take.

The constant shushing along with all of the talking had the land of sleep running away from me in a speed boat. My eyelids fluttered open slowly, the light burning into them seeing as I was facing the now open curtains. "Do you guys ever shut up?" I mumbled into the pillow as I stared at them.

Anna and Nico looked at each other before saying, "Nope." I chuckled lightly, pulling myself into a sitting position and stretching. The sound of a door opening sends my head to look toward the bathroom.

Leo walks out and memories from last night leave my cheeks a bright red. "Morning." He says sleepily to everyone while rubbing a hand over his face. Holy crap. His morning voice was better than Belgian waffles.

Nico walked over, grabbed a key card from off of the table, and took hold of Leo's arm. Next, he propelled them both out of the door and shut it. "What's going on?" I asked, looking oddly at Anna who just kept smiling creepily at me. I loaded up my clothes and put them into the bathroom to take a shower.

"Why don't you go listen at the door?" Her smile was beyond evil and I was more than a little afraid. Raising an eyebrow, I walked to the door. The carpet muffled my steps and made me feel like a super epic ninja.

Deal with it.

Pressing my ear firmly to the crack in the door, I strained to hear whatever was so important. "-that about, Nico?" I heard Leo say, his voice as confused as I was.

"Well, good morning to you, too, Romeo." Nico said. I could almost hear the smile in his voice.

Leo groaned. "I am not Romeo," he said sternly. Nico laughed and a light thud came from the wall, making me think one of them was leaning on it.

"That's not what that whole bed situation pointed to." Nico couldn't have been further off, but I kept my snort of laughter inside.

Leo sighed. "You know better than anyone else that I'm still in love with Calypso. Everything I do reminds me of her." Something in my stomach twisted, but I put it off to being hungry.

Nico was silent for a bit before he finally spoke. It was a quiet, sad phrase that I certainly wasn't expecting. "Just, don't hurt her." The breath caught in my throat from the sincerity. Leo started stuttering in defense, but Nico cut him off. "I'm not saying you have, but you might. She's been through a lot just from what I heard coach say, but I think there's more to it that she's not saying. Be careful."

The shock of how much a person I barely knew could care about my well being astounded me. These three people that I'd met barely a week ago were quickly becoming people I couldn't live without: like mom had been. "What's happened to her?" Leo asked, curiosity mixing into his voice.

"Ask her," that was the only reply Nico gave him. Suddenly, the door knob jiggled above me. Jumping to my feet, I ran to the shower and shut the door. Turning the water on, I stripped and stepped into the warm spray. After scrubbing and rinsing and everything in between, I shut the water off.