Chapter Three | Project Ax2

_____

Aliyah

I'm currently seated in World History listening to Mrs.Parker explain our last major project to us for this semester. Fortunately, we get to have partners for this one, so I could team up with my best friend and we could get this out of the way. I didn't really talk to many other people here at Crenshaw, so of course Paris would be the first person to be chosen as my partner. She doesn't do work really, but who cares? It would be easy to work with her because I'm use to it.

"I have already selected pairs for this semester project, so don't bother thinking it will be your friends who you're partnered with. Okay, lets get this started shall we? And please students, don't be rude if you don't like the person you're paired with, just remember, this grade counts half of what will be on your report cards. Now take that into consideration before you go saying who you aren't working with, anywho..

Honey Reynolds and Jeremy Steele as pair 1

Lorenzo Bailey and Paris Hunter, pair 2

Tisha Carlton and Hollie Woods, pair 3

Patrick Guthrie and Micheal Lane, pair 4

Trenton Houston and Tasha Harris, pair 5

Aliyah Sanchez and Andre Holmes, pair 6

Karl Thomas and Celina Brooks, pair 7

Octavia Jenkins and Quantavius Wilks, pair 9

Lastly, Dachavious Hamilton and Orlando Shears, pair 10.

Those are your partners for the 2014 Black History Project for this semester. On this project you will chose a black history idol and complete a portfolio on their entire life. Include achievements, background, childhood facts, and other interesting facts. Color and creativity are key factors in the project. Remember,this counts as half of your grade for the semester. You may move with your partners to begin working. Since I based the selection off of who I don't see you associating with in class, today will be getting to know your partner day. You will fill out this sheet as a test grade on the person you're working with. You may all begin." she finished and took her seat at the front of the classrom. I rolled my eyes after she had finished and sighed.

I had a feeling this would happen. I groaned and got up from my seat beside Paris. She got smart ass Lorenzo, while I simply got, Andre. Fuck my life ! I took the seat next to him and put my head down on the desk, getting ready to start on my nap for the period. I could care less about this getting to know him bullshit. I wasn't here to make friends with people. I was here to get a grade and graduate.

"Don't look so sad to be partnered with me ma', I'm the best nigga out of this whole damn school. Consider yourself lucky." he said with a big ass smirk and pulled my desk closer to his, causing me to sit back up in my seat and look over to him. I had one of the ugliest muggs on my face and he only laughed in response. This nigga was too cocky for me. It was cute sometimes, and others it was still cute.

"Oh, I'm lucky to be working with you, huh?" I asked with a smirk plastered on my face. He was slightly amusing to me, maybe this would turn out better than I thought it would.

"Of course you are. Poor Paris is paired with that lame ass nigga over there, Trent got the school hoe, and I'm stuck with yo lil short mean ass." he said and laughed in the process. I attempted to punch him in his arm, but he caught my hand and held it in place. I didn't even bother to snatch away from him. Not that I liked his touch or anything.