"Rowan," the boy finally introduces himself.

"I'm Gracie," the girl says. "Funny, my middle name is Fayeleia. His is Dominico," she tells us. The girl has long blond hair and is a couple inches taller than me, tall enough to be a model. She has flawless pale skin too but from her football jersey and messy appearance, I doubt she spends too much time fawning over herself in the mirror. Rowan has scruffy brown hair and looks like a football player or someone who does weights. He's big, like Alec. Not in a fat way just bigger than me.

Wait... Rowan and Gracie? Oh my gosh! Where are our dogs?! I bet my Rowan is worried sick at home right now!

"Really?" Dominico says, trying to blend in by making casual conversation. "My familiar's name is Gracie. And Faye's is Rowan."

"No kiddin'" Rowan says. "We were named after a pair of familiars. They were friends of our parents."

"Who are your-" I'm about to ask about their parents when the large mahogany doors open and three people step out. All of them look to be in their late thirties. A woman with long blond hair like her daughter and the almond shaped eyes that both of her children have. However, both the kids obviously got their build and sports love from their father. He has messy brown hair like his son.

"Rose? Alec?" I can't help but ask. Dominico looks confused next to me, and slightly in shock. Rose and Alec look from us to their kids, stunned for a second. Wait a minute... their kids?!

I look at the last adult standing there. She looks a couple years older than Alec and Rose but has the unforgettable golden curls and soft features of my ex-best friend's girlfriend.

"Melissa," I say, surprised. I take a half-step closer to Dominico. "What's going on here?" I ask.

"You guys know our parents?" Gracie asks. Alec is the first to respond, nodding after a second.

"These are some old friends of ours."

"Umm... I don't think we're the old ones of us," Dominico states and I nod my head, agreeing with him.

"I think some things need to be explained," Melissa says.

"Yes. This is why I like you," I say and walk into the room she's gesturing to with Dominico quickly taking my waist as we go inside.

Melissa explains everything. I feel like my brain is going to explode. Our friends...our families... everyone we knew is dead. Why? Because we've been in a 'coma' for nearly two hundred years. Ryan was killed in The Shock. It scares me how easily that could have been me or Dominico instead.

In the end, we learn that the only people we know anymore are Melissa, Rose, and Alec (WHO ARE MARRIED WITH KIDS!!!!) and our dogs who Melissa was taking care of all those years for us. We'll be moving into Rose and Alec's house for a year to get used to the 200 years ahead of our time world we're now living in. And the fact that we're technically not considered legal adults. That's just messed up and not cool.

She then pointed out that kids don't use the term 'messed up' or the word 'cool' anymore. I shut up after that.

They don't use term shut up either.

I completely flipped out.

She was kidding about that part. But they don't use the term 'flipped out.'

After that, Melissa leaves us for a minute with a pile of letters that our old friends and parents wrote us. Jaz tells us about her kids and Will and how shocked that she was that we were warlock and witch. She says she's glad that we're together and that she never forgot about us for even a second (pretty impressive, considering she had ten kids to take care of). Izabella apologized over and over in her letter and told us about Matt and her girls. Anna and Stacy. After my middle name, Anastacia. She wishes that we'll be happy and will be in a time that has gotten over the #YOLO trend. Our parents were the hardest to read. They were heartbroken that we were both gone but assured us that they were living their lives to the fullest for us and that they knew that we'd finish living our lives after we woke up.

Dominico held me as we both cried over our dead friends and family members. It's insane how everyone we talked to yesterday is dead. And has been dead for the past century. I wish I could tell Izabella that I never blamed her for anything with P. And tell Jaz that she was the best friend I could ever ask for, and that I'm happy for her and Will. I wish I could have gone to their wedding and helped babysit their kids. I wish my parents could see me graduate and go to college. I wish I could look forward to Christmases and Thanksgivings with them

"Dominico?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"I love you too, Faye," he says.

"Dominico?" I ask.

"Yeah?"

"You still on for that date?" I ask him.

"Of course," he says, kissing my forehead. "Pizza and a movie."

"We're going to be okay. Right?"

"We're going to be more than okay, Faye." He assures me. "We don't have a happily ever after but we have something better."

"What's that?"

"Another story."