Who We Are Pt. 1

First official chapter!!! Ahhh I'm so excited for this story. Sorry it's been so long, I've been really sick, but I am back on my A-Game and ready to write! I hope that everyone enjoys this story, and keeps in mind that.... Everything may not be as it seems. Pay careful attention, because while something looks like it means nothing, it could actually mean everything. Enjoy, Rate/ Like, Comment, lemme know what you think.

~ Also I chose There's Nothing Holding Me Back by Shawn Mendes for the opening chapter because like... I don't know it's an upbeat song. Not exactly what the chapter is about, however, it has a good rise and fall, and build up, and I think it's good. Kinda sets the mood for the story

^.^ ^.^ ^.^

1,825 Days

    People have always told me that passion wasn't something that actually existed. That it was just another form of love, which was also just another lie that people told themselves was real so they wouldn't be lonely. That passion, and love are completely and utterly unrealistic. And I have believed it to be true. I have believed it to be true because there has been no one to prove to me otherwise. However, I will not cancel out the entire idea of it, because I haven't felt it before. I will simply wait, and see because that's all anyone can really do.

    The only person in my 17 years of life who has tried to convince me otherwise is my twin brother, Blaise. Though we're not completely identical. Me with my red/ orange hair, and freckles littering my whole face, and him with dark brown hair, and blue eyes, with very light freckles barely scattered across his face.  I of course care for him a lot. He's my entire world (though I'd never tell him that), and  we have an amazing bond that no one can take away. And yes, I love him.

    However, that love is different than the passionate kind of love. The kind of love everyone either wants, or wants to stay away from because they're terrified of even the thought of it. The kind of love I don't believe in. So with that in the back of my mind, I enter the school halls for what will be my last year of High School with an open heart, and a smile on my face.

    As I make my way to my locker I start to think of how weird it feels knowing that it's my senior year, because the days have flown by so fast, and I don't think I'm quite ready for it to be over. I mean, don't get me wrong, I hate High School It honestly sucks, but the friends, and the memories make it worth it in a way.

        Opening my locker door to put my books inside, I nearly have a heart attack when I feel a weight on my shoulders and hear a loud pitched squeal.

"Oh my goodness, you will never guess who just got asked to go to the back to school bonfire with  Christian Beau!"

    I slowly turn around laughing a little bit at my blushing, and ecstatic friend. Though she's only 5'2, This small girl holds a lot of energy, and does not really understand the concept of an inside voice. Which is obviously one of the  many reasons we're such good friends. We're literally the polar opposites, but we bring ideas to each other that we could not think about on our own.

    "Hmmm, I don't know. Was it Andrea? Oh wait, no. It was definitely Sara right?"  I say whilst shaking my head,and placing my hand on my chin, slightly looking up as if I were deep in thought. With a small smile on my face, I have to hold back my laughter as she crosses her arms over her chest, and puffs her lips out in annoyance.

"No, it was me. Dumbo," she says as I try and turn back toward my locker but she just hits me on the back of my head.

"Ow! You jerk face, that hurt" I say, as it's my turn to start pouting, but that pout soon turns into a look of curiosity as an unfamiliar face walks behind her, passed where we're standing. He's walking with his head up, and shoulders back giving off an aura of confidence. His blonde hair a big mess on top of his head, but it's somehow so messy that it gives off a look of perfection. He was wearing ripped blue jeans, and a black hoodie, that contrasted with his baby blue eyes making them pop.

He was attractive, that was something even a blind person would see; However, definitely not my type. Not that I have a set type, I'm just not one that goes for a guy that every girl drools over the second he walks by. Why would I assume that's just how it's going to be?

Because that's exactly what is happening.

Suddenly his gaze shifts from the middle of the hall, to catch my mossy green eyes, and looks me up and down. Then, with a small smirk, and a wink from him; and one of the largest eye rolls known to mankind from me, he turns his attention back ahead and continues walking, taking a right at the end of the hall.

When he's fully out of sight, I turn back to my locker, only to be met with another slap to the back of my head from my best friend.

"Ow! Dude, seriously what the hell did I do this time," I ask her and she just lets out an audible sigh of annoyance.

"You were totally checking out that guy, and then avoided my-" she stops for a second gesturing to a face that I can only assume means 'Ooooh what was that all about,' and then continues with "- face afterwards."

I laugh a bit at her, and just shake my head. She has a habit of making something out of nothing. For example, if I'm eating vanilla ice cream instead of cookie dough ice cream, then I'm definitely really sad, when really I just wasn't in the mood to really have to chew my ice cream. Or, like just now when I was looking at the new guy out of curiosity, and she assumed I was 'hot for what he got.' Don't get me wrong, like I said earlier he was definitely attractive, but I'm not into him. Especially when all it took for me to realize what kind of guy he was, was a wink and a smirk. Definitely a player, who knows he's attractive and is confident about it.

"No I was not. I was looking at the new guy, and then I was getting my stuff out of my locker before-" just as I was about to finish my thought the bell interrupts me and I just point to the speaker almost directly above me "that happens."

At the realization that it was the first day of school and she was already late her eyes went wide and she frantically started hurrying to her first class. All I can do is laugh at my friend as she attempts to run, and I start digging through my locker again, thankful that I have an off period for my first class.

_______________

Also also, chapters will gradually get longer and longer. I'm just getting started, so please forgive me