01. Truth comes out

Start from the beginning

"I'm just doing what I'm told Ash, don't shoot the messenger." He turns around to walk out of the cabin but he stops and turns back around as he waves his gun towards my leg.

"Oh, and you should be grateful. I could have killed you too. The paycheck was well worth the price of my morals." He says as he walks towards me and confusion wraps my mind. Paid?

He squats down beside us and there are no words to describe how angry I am. My hand shakes as I hold the rag on Baylor's wound. If I could let go of bay I would kill him right now.

I spit in his face as soon as he gets eye level with me. He closes his eyes and heaves with anger before wiping off his face.

"Like I said don't shoot the messenger."
He says and then hits me in the side of the head with the butt of his gun causing me to bite my tongue and a metallic taste forms in my mouth. Once I regain my vision I sit up and see that he is at the door again.

"What are you talking about."
I seethe trying my hardest to stall him until the cops get here.

"I know the whole story. Stop playing dumb."

"What are you talking about?"
I ask him again but a second later I see the flashing lights from outside and he takes off running.

The noise drowns out as I stare at Baylor while she gets pulled away from my arms,

leaving me alone,

and cold as ever.

-

When I look over at bay laying in the stretcher beside me I can practically see the life draining from her eyes and my heart shatters in my chest.

"You still owe me from that bet Baylor! You can't die okay!? You have to live for me! You can't die! Please, I love you Bay. Please don't leave me."
I holler over at her as I try to reach for her hand. She lets off the softest smile and nods as she reaches for my hand but her arm falls limp and the haunting sound of a flatline pervades my ears.

"She's coding!"
Someone yells and I try to sit up to look for a way to help her but I'm helplessly stuck in my stretcher.

We pull into the hospital and they quickly grab her stretcher and begin to take her out of the ambulance causing panic to rise in my chest.

"Bay! Baylor!"
I scream as I try to sit up but the paramedic grabs my shoulders and pushes me back down.

"That's my girlfriend! I have to go with her! Please."
I say through my sobs and my eyes become heavy as I drift to darkness.

-

My eyes flutter open to an all-white room that smells like death.

When my eyes adjust I see I'm in a hospital room... alone.

It's just me.

Where the fuck is my girl.

"Hello, Mr.Hill how are you today? I'm so glad you're awake."
A nurse smiles as she enters my room and I sit up as quick as I can.

"Where's Baylor? Where's the girl I was with?"
Her smile soon drops and she won't meet my eyes. I feel myself fall back into the hard mattress.

What's left of my heart dissipates and it feels as if a ton of bricks are pressing further down onto my chest cracking the bones that protect my heart.

"She isn't dead Mr.Hill! She just isn't doing very well at the moment. There's a chance she could make it. She's in surgery."

There's a chance she could make it? A CHANCE?! Oh, what the hell have I done? What the hell have I done!

"I'll let your friends know you're awake."

A few moments later Cameron storms into my room.

"What the hell happened Asher!"
Cameron's familiar voice screams.

"Cam I'm so sorry-"

"I swear Asher if another one of my sisters die because of you..-"

"Cam, it wasn't his fault."
Leah says softly as she tugs on his arm and he shrugs her off, but he's right, it is my fault. I should have done more. I can see the tears in his eyes and I don't blame him for flipping out on me.

"Yes, it is! You know the night of the accident his mom was coming to pick Asher and me up from the party." He says as he stares me in the eyes. The tears are rolling down my cheeks as he continues and I have to look up at the ceiling to try to stop more from falling.

"My mom called me to come pick her and Gary up but I was too trashed with Asher that night and made my sisters do it! We killed our families Asher! And I swear if you just did it again."
He says through clenched teeth as the tears stream down his face and he walks out the door and Leah follows. I can feel the tears stream down my face and I wipe them away hastily.

I grab the closest thing to me and throw it as I scream at nothing in particular,

Just the world.

-

A/N; soooooo was that a shocker to anyone?

The fact that Asher and cam were the reason that his mom and Kaylee got in a wreck?

Anyway hope you enjoyed this first chapter....:)