"Y-Yes, sir."

"Do they know you're here?"

"No, sir. Th-They used me and f-fell asleep s-so I snuck o-out."

"Baby..." Scott frowned and pulled away just enough so he could brush Mitch's tears away. Mitch sniffled and looked up at him through his eyelashes, worrying his bottom lip in between his teeth. "Hey. It's alright. Can I ask you something?" Scott murmured gently, and Mitch nodded slightly.

"You just did, sir," he joked weakly, even though he didn't smile or stop crying.

Scott smiled slightly, but it soon fell. "I need you to answer honestly, Mitchy. Can you do that for me?" Mitch sighed shakily and forced a small nod, his heart beating loudly in his ears. "Thank you, princess. Now. Are you being abused?" Scott asked, his voice completely serious yet gentle. Mitch froze up, his breathing catching in his throat. He didn't know what to do. He wanted more than anything to say yes, to tell the truth, but he knew he couldn't.

A red flag went up in Scott's mind as soon as Mitch reacted the way he did. "Hey. Calm down, sweetheart. I promise you won't get in trouble. Are you being abused? By your four Alphas?"

"Yes, sir," Mitch forced out eventually, speaking so softly Scott wasn't sure if he'd heard him.

"You are?"

"Y-Yes, sir. B-But you can't tell anyone. P-Please, I'm fine."

"Princess, abuse is against the law. You have to tell the police."

"No, sir. I c-can't," Mitch sobbed, shaking his head frantically. "I'm okay. Please, sir, y-you can't tell anyone."

Scott's heart broke for the poor boy and he gently pulled him into his arms. "Shh. Don't cry. I won't tell anyone," he murmured gently, tracing patterns into his back.

Mitch cried into Scott's chest, not even caring that he'd probably get punished again when he got home. "Th-Thank you, sir..."

Scott continued to hug him and comfort him until he stopped crying. Mitch sniffled and nuzzled his face deeper into Scott's chest, holding onto his shirt with shaking hands. "I'm sorry, sir," he whispered, pulling back just enough to wipe at his eyes.

"Hey, don't apologize," Scott soothed. "I think you should be getting home. They'll hurt you even moe if they notice you're gone."

Mitch whimpered and shook his head, pressing himself against Scott's chest. "N-No. I want to stay with you. J-Just for a while," he pleaded, and Scott knew he wouldn't be able to say no to him.

"Okay..."

Mitch sighed shakily in relief and hugged him again, closing his eyes. "Thank you."

Scott took Mitch to get ice cream, not knowing what else to do. Mitch stayed pressed into Scott's side, holding onto his hand tightly as they went up to the counter in the ice cream parlor. Scott offered the clerk a polite smile, scanning the menu. "What would you like, Mitchy?"

"Whatever you see fit, sir."

"Sweetheart, I'm asking you."

"I don't know, sir. I've never had ice cream," Mitch whispered ashamedly.

Scott frowned and kissed his head, but he ordered them a bowl of rocky road ice cream to share. Mitch followed him to a booth and whimpered quietly when Scott tried to let go of his hand, so Scott let Mitch sit next to him on the same side of the booth. Mitch quietly ate the ice cream Scott fed him, resting his head on his shoulder.

"How long have you been with them?" Scott asked quietly.

"For as long as I can remember, sir. I was told my parents died when I was three and they took me in."

"How old are you now?"

"Eighteen, sir."

"You poor thing," Scott whispered, hugging him close.

"It's fine, sir. I won't be able to come to your flower shop tomorrow, sir. Now that my Alphas are back, I don't think we'll be able to see each other very often."

"Oh..."

"I'm sorry, sir." Mitch had tears in his voice. "Thank you for the best week of my life."

Scott didn't walk him home. He wanted to, badly, but Mitch insisted on going alone. The small Omega walked silently through the darkened streets, his arms wrapped tightly around his stomach. He wished he had Scott's jacket to keep him safe.

"There you are," Bryce growled, grabbing him by the arm. "Were you trying to escape again?"

Mitch winced, but he followed Bryce as they walked home. "N-No, Daddy. I was coming back," he whispered weakly, even though it was clear the Alpha didn't believe a word he said.

"Sure," Bryce spat, throwing Mitch into the house. "I found the slut."

Mitch whimpered quietly and braced himself for life without Scott.